Boost a Pump. Good Product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost a Pump. Good Product?

I'm thinking about installing a 40 amp Boost a Pump on my 255 inline pump. Anyone here run a Boost a Pump with good success?

if you are already using a inline, just buy a bosh 044

Here is a good source for them.

Jay Racing : Fuel Pumps - Exhaust Fuel Delivery Forced Induction Apparel Engine Auxillaries Cooling Drivetrain Tools Engines Jay Racing Accesories Oil, Fluids, and Lubricant Engine Internals Brakes Electronics Ignition Suspension Fabrication Parts Air Intake Intake Wheels Exhaust Downpipes Exterior Davies Craig Accessories Husky Liners Clamp Header-back System Jay Racing, jay racing.com, jayracing, jayracing.com, fast cars, wastegate, wastegate dump, NHRA, NDRA, NOPI, IDRC, auto parts, cool cars, car parts, import cars, JDM, drift, drifting, turbo, turbocharged, honda, garrett, mitsubishi, dsm, gt35, gt35r, Jays Racing gt40, gt40r, t67, hks, greddy, apex, apexi, toyota, supra, nissan, skyline, import tuner, performance parts, JayRacing, auto accessories, import, performance, high performance, import car parts, import racing, import performance part, custom car,Jay Racing (JayRacing.com) has capabilities to design, engineer, manufacture, and distribute automotive performance racing products for the automobile industry and private racer. These include domestic, japanese import, and european import vehicles.

Comment

They always seem to work fine at keeping the voaltage up on the pump(s).
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have a 255 on mine and was running into starvation issues so I put a KB BAP on and no more problems. So worked good for me.

Comment

I've had zero issues with mine

Comment

Anybody selling a used one?

Comment

I'm going to stick with the 190 in tank and the 255 inline on a Hobbs switch. It has taken me to 17 pounds of S-Trim boost without issue. Now that I have the Novi 2000 I want to go with aftermarket rails, and put the boost a pump on the 255.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                I have a 255 on mine and was running into starvation issues so I put a KB BAP on and no more problems. So worked good for me.

i made over 700 on 91 (alky injected) with this same set up on twin turbo c5.

Comment

I've used MSD and KB BAPs. No issues but I always upgraded the wiring too. If you can just get a better pump but for the price they work.

Comment

Put a 255 in the tank.

Comment

Worth every cent. I also powered the ECU with one when I still ran a factory computer. On one of my race cars I ran the whole car on a Jacobs 100amp AcuVolt.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                        Put a 255 in the tank.
                        Can't. Causes cross flow issues to my rear tank.

Comment

Why not put the bap to the 190?

Comment

Well because then it will only flow as much as the inline 255 can pull. Better to pull then push. That's what I've always been told anyway.

Comment

But can't you only pull a much as the one feeding can give. I've heard inline pumps mainly only increase pressure more than flow and tend to heat up fuel more too.
                              Not sure tho. I almost bought one but a 340lph pump was cheaper

Comment

Working...
                              X