No announcement yet.

97 camaro motor swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are in North Fort Worth/Keller/Haslet area. I need to know specifics on the car, but it can be done.

As said above, there are some details we have to discuss on customer provided parts.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
      We are in North Fort Worth/Keller/Haslet area. I need to know specifics on the car, but it can be done.

As said above, there are some details we have to discuss on customer provided parts.
      Original poster this is the guy you should use.
      1997 viper gts
      1986 turbo mustang
      1987 Buick grand national
      1972 nova

Comment

A buddy of mine offered to do a motor swap in a 97 and ended up sending the car back with 200 bucks not to do it, lmao
        Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
          Ive done a motor swap on one and i remember a few things were difficult but doable. Think it was 20 hrs book rate on a 100% stock vehicle. Now that modified bullshit, or half ass shit people attempt to put in/on their shit...clock hours or take it somewhere else. And absolutely no warranty on customer provided parts.
          Yep, sounds about right. I spent a good two hours tracking down a wiring problem on my old 93. Some idiot wired the fans wrong, which blew out two of the fusible links. Normally an easy fix, but they shrink wrapped it and then put it back in the stock loom.

Comment

Originally posted by uglydogo View Post
            I'm down. I'll blow it up trying. It's just a toy. So not to worried. And the 6 speed is fucking nice. Better than that junk t-45,or 3650.

Fuck it didn't know we were going to get in a missing match! I'M DOWN! I'll make it rain lol.

I'll tell you the truth I bet the rearend will fall apart first dead hoo. Lol I would like to put 8.8 in it
            My new 3650 is good...tremec as a whole is a turd tranny producer for moosestangs though lol. Ls1 plus 8.8 and your mullet mobile is money
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Lmfao! Yeah oh well. I like it. I'll hit you up if I ever get it done lol. Maybe we can run these things?

Comment

Turbostang I live in saginaw. So that would be eas. Pm ne and I'll tell you more about what I'm trying to do

Comment

Originally posted by uglydogo View Post

And no my lt1 is not a "beast". 2v is ? What a joke.
                  So when did I say anything about a 2v? For that matter, if you want to get technical, I might have a 2v that won't worry about your LT1. My 68 is a 2v.

But, you are right, 2v 4.6's aren't anything, that being said, I've been nose to nose with plenty of LT1's in my 04.
                  68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                  63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                  i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Cool man and I bet you have $10,000 to get that 2v where you dont have to worry. I really don't care. If you do have 2v in your 68 then Hell yeah good job. I would like to see that swap. Yeah I've walked on a couple of 2v to and I have lost to a couple of 2v. I have fun with all my car so I don't really care if I win or lose. Its all in good fun at the end of the da.

Comment

Working...
                    X