97 camaro motor swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 camaro motor swap?

I have a 97 6 speed camaro. I wanted to know if anyone wanted to do a motor swap for me? I don't have the time. Work way to much. I have an extra motor I need put in. Pull the old one out,use the oil pan,valve covers and intake. If anyone wants to do it let me know. How much you will charge. I'm not a rich man so don't have a lot of money. Thanks guys let me kno

Oh yeah I'm in fort wort. Just thought I would add that

Comment

Lt1

Comment

Scrap that turd. LSjaun ogtfo.
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Ya ya ya. Man I bet my stock lt1 runs better than your 2V . NEXT!

Comment

his 2v likely wont shit coolant randomly three times a month or randomly have the ignition pickup fail. His interior plastics are probably also unbroken and present.

Comment

Sounds like you had a piece of shit. Lol. I not trying argue. just need to see if anyone will do my swap.

But I have owned many mustangs. I love a mustang. But I hate the shit talk.

A Chevy is a pain in the ass to work on ill tell you that. I have never had a problem the optispark. Drove many times in the rain. The only thing is that POS REAR END!

Comment

Originally posted by uglydogo View Post
                Ya ya ya. Man I bet my stock lt1 runs better than your 2V . NEXT!
                I had a 383 stroker LT1. Fuck those motors lol.
                My little 2v (cough) will walk your ass up and down!
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
                  his 2v likely wont shit coolant randomly three times a month or randomly have the ignition pickup fail. His interior plastics are probably also unbroken and present.
                  I bet the driver side door handle isn't. =)

Btw sounds like a couple of turds.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
                  2014 GT
                  2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

I'm down. I'll blow it up trying. It's just a toy. So not to worried. And the 6 speed is fucking nice. Better than that junk t-45,or 3650.

Fuck it didn't know we were going to get in a missing match! I'M DOWN! I'll make it rain lol.

I'll tell you the truth I bet the rearend will fall apart first dead hoo. Lol I would like to put 8.8 in it

Comment

go to truestreet count your dowel pins first

Comment

Lmao! Yeah those LT1's are real beasts lol!
                        68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                        63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                        i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

The problem is you are asking for it to be done cheap. Those cars are rat bastards to work on, a lift makes it easier, but it's still a pain. On top of that, no mechanic is going to want to swap in an engine that you bought and have any sort of guarantees. Look at the true street vs teamjacob for reference. The LT1 is not exactly known for reliability either, so if you get a quote of say $1500 just to swap it in and it doesn't run right, then you are going to be charged more and then you will get pissed about it, lawsuits will happen and a simple motor swap turns into a raging pain in the ass.

As for the LT1 argument, I think that motor gets more shit than it deserves. I loved the powerband on mine. It's nowhere near what an LS1 is, but compared to the L98, it's a dream. Lt1 vs a 2V is no contest, mod for mod, the LT1 will walk all over a 2V.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                            The problem is you are asking for it to be done cheap. Those cars are rat bastards to work on, a lift makes it easier, but it's still a pain. On top of that, no mechanic is going to want to swap in an engine that you bought and have any sort of guarantees. Look at the true street vs teamjacob for reference. The LT1 is not exactly known for reliability either, so if you get a quote of say $1500 just to swap it in and it doesn't run right, then you are going to be charged more and then you will get pissed about it, lawsuits will happen and a simple motor swap turns into a raging pain in the ass.

As for the LT1 argument, I think that motor gets more shit than it deserves. I loved the powerband on mine. It's nowhere near what an LS1 is, but compared to the L98, it's a dream. Lt1 vs a 2V is no contest, mod for mod, the LT1 will walk all over a 2V.
                            Ive done a motor swap on one and i remember a few things were difficult but doable. Think it was 20 hrs book rate on a 100% stock vehicle. Now that modified bullshit, or half ass shit people attempt to put in/on their shit...clock hours or take it somewhere else. And absolutely no warranty on customer provided parts.

Comment

Yeah it's a son of a bitch. So I got the motor built a couple months ago.

Are far as cheap I didn't say that
                              I said I'm not rich I don't mind paying money for a good job.

And no my lt1 is not a "beast". 2v is ? What a joke. The only everyone hates on is the optispark right under the water pump. And I'll tell it's got long tube. And Damn I hate working on i. I work 3 week on 1 week off so I don't have a life anymore. So I just want to get home and have fun in my "junk ass camaro". If not ill just sell/trade it for a 6.0l for my little 01 scsb GM

Comment

Working...
                              X