Air shocks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air shocks ?

recently put a 2/4 lowering kit on my 2011' F150 but the rear end sits about a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch low in the rear. Was going to put air shocks on the back, but wasnt sure what a good brand is....Im seeing on Ebay a brand called "Gabriel" but not sure if theyre a good brand or not...

thanks

I have some on my Nissan hardbody, I put 80psi in them and it rides great. I went and picked up a set at advance auto. Any parts store should have them, just have to look at make sure the ends are the same.

Comment

Buy them local and save your receipt, we put a set on a buddy's Ranger years ago when we did I-beams, front & rear leaf spring hangers, and removed the overloads. I bet we've replaced them 3 or 4 times since then due to leaks in the bladders. Lifetime warranty on his.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
        Buy them local and save your receipt, we put a set on a buddy's Ranger years ago when we did I-beams, front & rear leaf spring hangers, and removed the overloads. I bet we've replaced them 3 or 4 times since then due to leaks in the bladders. Lifetime warranty on his.
        Damn....You wouldnt happen to remember the name? so I dont make the mistake of buying the same brand...

Comment

it'll be this way with whatever you buy.

Comment

Ive herd good things about Monroe air shocks for the money, though I have never used them...
            1991 5.0 Mustang LX-Hatch, BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Headers, BBK X-Pipe, Flowmaster 40's, HPM C/C Plates, Cobra Sway-Bar, UPR Subframe Connectors, UPR Control Arms, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP "C" Springs, FRPP 31 Spine Diff, Moser 31 Spline Axles, FRPP 3:73 Gears, Tokico Blue Shocks, King Cobra Clutch, MSD Ignition, Taurus Electric Fan, BBK Gripp Shifter, & More

Comment

I have no issue spending the extra $$$ on a good pair, I just dont want to buy an expensive pair and them not last any longer than the cheaper ones.
              Thanks for the advice though, I'll check into em....

Comment

Buy a name brand - Monroe, Gabriel, etc, with a lifetime warranty. I would shy away from store brands.

There are better ways to get that lift as well, that don't have a chance of failing and costing you time and energy. I would do solid blocks or something like that, if it were mine.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

When I had my Torino I got some Monroe air shocks, never had a leak in them. Probably had it 7 years before I sold it. I could run them up to about 120 to get that "jacked up" rear look, or run them as low as about 15-20 for the low rider look, LOL. I did have lowering springs installed also, but not slammed by any means.

Comment

Working...
                  X