Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop lighting, Anyone done any research?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop lighting, Anyone done any research?

I need to install some lighting in my shop and the space that will be getting lights is about 1600sq. ft. The lights will be mounted 10' above floor level and I want to go with flourescents and Im thinking T8 fixtures would be the best most cost effective option. I see some flourescent with a white reflector and some that are mirrored, I would think the mirrored would throw the light better but I was curious if anyine knew the pro's or con's to either. These are a couple of the fixtures I've been looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251198891511...84.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130777957213...84.m1423.l2649

Is there a rule of thumb for so many lumens per sq. ft.? Im thinking 6-7 fixtures should to be sufficent, anyone have reccomendations?
    The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Not sure how they compare to flourescent bulbs, but they have LED bulbs for those fixtures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

The best fixture you can buy. A little expensive but you won't need as many of them as a normal fixture. These things put out some light too.

Comment

My 30x40 shop has 6 8' ho from home depot. Plenty bright.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
          My 30x40 shop has 6 8' ho from home depot. Plenty bright.

T8's? 4 lamp of 6?
          The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
            T8's? 4 lamp of 6?
            4x4' t8 each fixture. They are like $60 each

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I run 13 sets of dual 4' bulb T8 lights in my garage which only has 8' ceiling and about 900sqft. They are divided to two switches so I don't have to turn on sun mode everytime we walk into the garage to grab something.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

a friend JUST installed the T8 (Small/thin bulbs) in his 900 sq ft garage. 2 rows of 3-double fixtures and his garage is lit up GOOD!

Comment

1700 square foot with 10 8' HO fixtures 2 bulbs each and you have to wear sunglasses. I use them everyday and have to replace the bulbs about every 20 months. Cieling height is about 13 foot, extremely efficient.

DON

Comment

Great info guys. Thanks for the input.
                    The Daily

Comment

I've got probable 20+ 4 ft lights in my shop (56x38) when they are working there is plenty of light, right now I need 2cases of bulbs to get me burning.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                        I've got probable 20+ 4 ft lights in my shop (56x38) when they are working there is plenty of light, right now I need 2cases of bulbs to get me burning.
                        Are these T12's, T8's, T5's? There's a big difference. Also, 2,4 or 6 bulb units.
                        The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
                          I need to install some lighting in my shop and the space that will be getting lights is about 1600sq. ft. The lights will be mounted 10' above floor level and I want to go with flourescents and Im thinking T8 fixtures would be the best most cost effective option. I see some flourescent with a white reflector and some that are mirrored, I would think the mirrored would throw the led lighting better but I was curious if anyine knew the pro's or con's to either. These are a couple of the fixtures I've been looking at:

Is there a rule of thumb for so many lumens per sq. ft.? Im thinking 6-7 fixtures should to be sufficent, anyone have reccomendations?
                          Try led lights they are very bright and with less power consumption
                          Last edited by Cheaugh; 01-04-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Lots of good info.

Comment

T5's cost a little more to get into, but they put out the most light. You could look into LED, or CFL too. But that is probably overboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X