E85 carb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85 carb questions

Looking at e85 carbs. From what I have researched my fuel system should be able to run it. Anybody have a certain one they like? Also do you run the same amount of fuel pressure as regular gas? Any other things I need to watch out for while running e85 with a carb?

There's a million things to consider - but you can bet that an off the shelf carb will only get you 'close'.

Your fuel pressure will be the same, or very close to it. The only difference bieng the added demand on the fuel system once that thing starts moving some fuel - is where most pumps falter. Not sure what you're using for a pump, but even 500HP requires a fair amount of fuel. That pump should be able to support something like 650HP on gasoline to safely work with with your doing.

Comment

I have a stock sumped gas tank with an external aeromotive pump. I have not checked to see what hp the pump is good to but the combination is just a trick flow headed stock short block with victor jr intake.

Comment

The reason for wanting to run e85 is I plan on building a "high compression" short block.

Comment

A1000? The EFI pump or the carb'd pump?

Either would work, probably a LOT further than that stock block would hold.

Comment

I will look to see later on. Thanks.

Comment

I had my 950 Holley converted over and using a1000

Comment

It has a speed demon 650 on it now. I've just never messed with these carbs much. From what I've seem some people hate them and some people love them.

Comment

Working...
                X