Nitrous bottle warmer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous bottle warmer.

Looking for some consitancy with the nitrous. Last time I used it, you could tell after hitting it for a few times it didn't hit as hard. I don't have a pressure gauge, but the bottle itself is getting cold.

Any brand of warmers better then the others? Any not recommended? Any more affordable then others? I'd like to pick one up used but can't find any local listings.

Thanks.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Also get a gauge.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Mike,

Do some reading in this thread,

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=521611

Comment

Sketchy with a torch, although it's common practice.

I have a blow down tube somewhere in storage, I guess it's time I find it.

Comment

Theory.. Would a few pack of hot hands wrapped around it make a difference?

There's got to be a cheaper alternative to a $200 electric blanket....

Comment

Torch is the fastest way to do it. Lol. Just make sure you have a gauge. If there is no carpet where your bottle is and its winter the bottle will take forever to warm up with a electric blanket. Use a torch to warm it up and then wrap it in blankets. Lol. It worked well one cold night spraying. Or just run a warm bath and lay the bottle in it for 15mins or so. Lots of ways..
            GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Hmm, any one have a spare gauge laying around? One that mounts in line on the bottle? Please !?

I like the warm water idea.. That would be easy!

Comment

gauge is a must, heater is nice. On a wet system, bottle pressure plays a big role, the pressure is too low, the system runs rich, the pressure too high, the system runs lean. No heater and a few hits in a cool car and pressures can be 5-600 psi really easy, in cold weather even colder. The hot bath thing works as well as the torch or a heater, but too high a pressure on any of them and the burst disc goes bye bye. I've seen a bathroom at a buddies house become a nice white cloud in a hurry.

Comment

the dyno tune stuff does work well. i've got a buddy that may be selling off some of his stuff i'll check and see.

Comment

Don't forget when you use a torch that the pressure keeps going up after you take the heat off.
                    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

some guys at kdale blew a burst disc two weekends in a row trying the warm water method. apparently it works very well

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
                        Don't forget when you use a torch that the pressure keeps going up after you take the heat off.
                        warm water has the same effect

Comment

Just toss it in the hot tub for a cople of hours.

Comment

Well we had a gauge and a line with a cap on it. that way we could open the bottle to see what the pressure was at without letting nitrous out.
                            GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Working...
                            X