03 GT tune up for step dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 GT tune up for step dad

The rents are out of town and his daily needs a tune up. Was driving around today and it doesn't seem to have the same get up and go. Purchassed the following. What else am I missing?

1. PCV Valve

2. Seafoam for crankcase and intake.

3. M1 FS oil & filter change

4. Motorcraft Fuel Filter

5. Motorcraft Air Filter

6. Serp Belt

7. Brake pads F/R. Going to pull the calipers, clean them up and put a nice coat of paint on them. New fluid will go in meanwhile.

8. NGK Spark Plugs.

9. Clean T/B and MAF sensor.

Would it be a good idea to go ahead and replace the IAC Valve? The car has 98,000 on it and is all original aside from magnapacks, MGW, Eibachs and a bumpsteer kit.

Thanks
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Dang that's a lot of work. lol
    04 GT
    91 LX

Comment

Pcv is likely fine unless oil change maintenance has been neglected, but they are cheap and people feel the need to change them. Did you get platinum plugs? They aren't a necessity but will go longer miles over copper cores. Looks like you've got it pretty well covered. I'd probably skip the seafoam in the crankcase unless you're in the habit of adding it. If the motor were really sludged, it would likely break the stuff up so fast it could clog the oil pump strainer, if the motor is clean then ire not needed. As for the iac, I don't replace them as a maintenance item. I change them when they fail, theres a lot of high .mileage fords that have never needed them.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
        Pcv is likely fine unless oil change maintenance has been neglected, but they are cheap and people feel the need to change them. Did you get platinum plugs? They aren't a necessity but will go longer miles over copper cores. Looks like you've got it pretty well covered. I'd probably skip the seafoam in the crankcase unless you're in the habit of adding it. If the motor were really sludged, it would likely break the stuff up so fast it could clog the oil pump strainer, if the motor is clean then ire not needed. As for the iac, I don't replace them as a maintenance item. I change them when they fail, theres a lot of high .mileage fords that have never needed them.
        Suppose I am on the bandwagon, the valve was $3.00 so I figured just replace it, kind of ignorant really. I did grab the platinum plugs for the reason you stated. Oil has been changed every 5k since brand new, I'll go ahead and skip the crankcase treatment.

Would it be worth it to pull the injectors and check the O-rings? Also, how would I know coolant replacement is necessary?

Thanks for the info

Originally posted by gip99gt View Post
        Dang that's a lot of work. lol
        He's done a lot more than this for me. Even though he's a total bastard, I definitely owe em lol
        Last edited by Dlachance; 12-28-2012, 12:05 AM.
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by Dlachance View Post
          Would it be worth it to pull the injectors and check the O-rings? Also, how would I know coolant replacement is necessary?
          I don't think it would be worth it on the O-rings or injectors...I'm not so sure on fuel additives, but that's an idea.

Coolant will look dirty and/or have stuff in the reservoir.
          I'd say go ahead and do it either way. It's an easy and cheap preventative maintenance job to do. Just be sure to complete the burping process, or it'll overheat.

Edit* as a side note, be sure to put loctight on those caliper bolts. I forgot to do that on an F150 one time, and I caught it just before they backed all of the way out on one side, and the other side cut the rim in half...derp!
          Last edited by crapstang; 12-28-2012, 01:52 AM.
          Originally posted by Buzzo
          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

^^^^^ solid advice ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
            X