aftermarket wiring harnesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket wiring harnesses?

Since I have stripped the interior and my carb swap wiring looks like a rats nest Ive decided to rip out all wiring and install an aftermarket harness. I'm leaning towards a painless 18 circuit harness. Any suggestions on other harnesses or tips to make the install easier, I've never done this before but have decent knowledge in electrical work. I'm using aftermarket gauges,no ac, bare minimum to keep street legal.
    Big Rooster Racing
    85' Coupe
    sigpic

Good luck lol

Comment

Originally posted by carbd89sleeper View Post
      Since I have stripped the interior and my carb swap wiring looks like a rats nest Ive decided to rip out all wiring and install an aftermarket harness. I'm leaning towards a painless 18 circuit harness. Any suggestions on other harnesses or tips to make the install easier, I've never done this before but have decent knowledge in electrical work. I'm using aftermarket gauges,no ac, bare minimum to keep street legal.
      I have always used painless, and been happy with the outcome
      I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,

but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

Comment

I've used Spaghetti Menders and Speedwire. Both are nice, but I like the Spaghetti Menders a little better. Go look at their websites and see if they can build you what you want

Comment

What accessories are you wanting to keep?

If you look in my build thread, you'll get an idea of what you are up against.

The places Scott mentions above are nice, but pricey.

My particular harness was off of ebay - I think called a hot rod harness or something to that effect. It was under 200$ and used GXL wire, good quality.

From there I trimmed ALL of the wiring out of the car except the rear tail light harness. I kept all the connectors for the switches in the dash and left a foot or so of wire on each one for easy connections. The only caveat to that was the headlight plug - since it's relatively high amperage circuit, the plug was kinda hosed. You may want to inspect that....

Be prepared to spend some time on it, it's not easy. Is the car still ready for the 3rd?

Comment

Working...
          X