Clunking sound up front, DS, 2006 Lexus GS300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunking sound up front, DS, 2006 Lexus GS300

At low speeds (typically), there is a lot of clunking from the DS front.

Things it could be(?):
    Upper control arm bushings
    Lower control arm bushings
    Sway bar bushings
    Bad struts
    Strut bushings

RWD car, 101K miles.

Any easy tests to eliminate one thing or another, or take it to someone who can put it on a rack & dial in the diagnosis?

Thanks in advance.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

i'd bet strut or sway bar bushings ....

Comment

A lot of those I find sway bar bushings/ end links fucted. But could be anything listed.

Comment

Is there a visual inspection that would provide an "ah ha!" on the strut bushings, or did you mean the strut itself?

I pushed down hard a few times on the DS this morning, fender/hood (not anywhere that would dent though) and i couldn't hear anything, fwiw.

On the sway bar bushings, I've seen them busted on a fox, hopefully this will be similar?
        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Is it during take off?

Pop the hood, put your foot on the brake, and gun the motor. Do this in forward and reverse. We are learning that our Tahoes like to break them about every 50k.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Motor Mounts
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            And while his kidney stones pass,
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
              Motor Mounts
              From experience?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                Is it during take off?

Pop the hood, put your foot on the brake, and gun the motor. Do this in forward and reverse. We are learning that our Tahoes like to break them about every 50k.
                That would just blow the tires off. so. much. powa!

Comment

my vote is for end links

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                    That would just blow the tires off. so. much. powa!
                    No but it is funny to watch the engine raise up on both sides.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                    X