Muffler Drone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler Drone

I have Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back mufflers on my 2012 mustang. Any suggestions on helping eliminate the drone noise at hwy speeds. Would dynomatting the trunk help.

Turn the radio up.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Push the pedal on the right harder, then stick your head out the window.

Comment

Get rid of the flowtrashers. Those are meant to sell to people with super badass lifted trucks that never go off road.

In all seriousness, try a different brand (borla maybe?), you won't regret it.
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

if your mustang is to loud maybe you should buy a chevy. Pus!
          One day at a time.

Comment

I am in the same boat right now. Fucking flows will rattle my windows at 2K RPM. Going to swap em out with mangaflow first chance I get.

Comment

Get longtubes.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
              2014 GT
              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

fwiw, dynomax make a vt series muffler thats supposed to help with drone.

and its got a cool flapper
                One day at a time.

Comment

If you like loud without a drone, Spintechs are quite nice.
                  1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

I had a magnaflow on my old Silverado 2500 (gas) truck and I HATED the drone, it was so terrible that I would turn on the tow/haul switch a lot just to make it switch gears and get outta that drone range. I know it is a different vehicle, but any aftermarket muffler can/will drone depending on the setup.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I've got a 3" thrush welded on my 95 3/4 ton chevy and havent noticed a bad drone with it but its on a 5.7 TBI with cat, and full length exhaust.
                      2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
                      1990 GT Convertible

Comment

I have Roush axleback and there is no drone at all.
                        I recently had my resonators removed, and aside from a little different tone and being louder, there is still no drone while cruising.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Do you have the factory over axle pipes?

Comment

Originally posted by MY LITTLE PONY View Post
                            Do you have the factory over axle pipes?
                            Yes, all stock except I had the resonators cut out. $40 to cut them out and weld in new tubing vs $200 for resonator delete pipes...
                            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

In my experience every vehicle and every exhaust has a drone, it's all about moving the drone RPM to a band you don't cruise in. My mustang droned at 2k RPM on the dot, no matter what exhaust it had. My vette drones at 2500rpm on the dot with a Borla exhaust. With my mustang I would cruise at 2500rpm, with the vette I cruise at 2000rpm to avoid it.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X