460 to foxbody swap ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
    Remind me at what power level a factory 302 says fuck you im out? 600? 351, 750 give or take? An aftermarket block less machining costs what? Not everyone can or wants to dump a grand plus, plus machining into an A4/R302/boss/dart block or go GM.
    If you're looking for a "reliable" 750hp and you're going to split hairs over a couple grand? Just stop
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      If you're looking for a "reliable" 750hp and you're going to split hairs over a couple grand? Just stop
      Nah, I'll keep going. If you listen to anyone around here the BBF can't power itself to the gas station down the street, let alone to a mid-low 9 with a 40 year old factory iron head.

Comment

Nah, I'll keep going. If you listen to anyone around here the BBF can't power itself to the gas station down the street, let alone to a mid-low 9 with a 40 year old factory iron head.
        Do they magically develop priority main oiling when you put them in a Fox?
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          Do they magically develop priority main oiling when you put them in a Fox?
          Hey man, you can take your car knowledge elsewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            Hey man, you can take your car knowledge elsewhere...
            Look... The OP got a few friendly suggestions early on. Once that's done, it's clearly time to shoot any further good ideas down mercilessly, and let him know what a miserable piece of shit he is for not doing what we think is right, before he even asks us.

Comment

Look... The OP got a few friendly suggestions early on. Once that's done, it's clearly time to shoot any further good ideas down mercilessly, and let him know what a miserable piece of shit he is for not doing what we think is right, before he even asks us.
              You have learned well, young padywan.

Comment

4mpg does make it tough to get to the gas station, I'll grant you that
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  4mpg does make it tough to get to the gas station, I'll grant you that
                  my old truck ran low 10's on spray and still managed 12+ mpg.
                  2009 Mustang GT
                  1972 Country Squire

Comment

Originally posted by slowbrick2 View Post
                    my old truck ran low 10's on spray and still managed 12+ mpg.
                    Weeeeee doggies!

Comment

If you pursue this I have a Griggs motorsports tubular, with control arms, that I will sell for $400. Easily cost you twice as much if you buy it new...

It is tight, but you can do it. Had mine all but complete when we bought this house, after which it sat for eight years, at which point I parted it out. Think I still have some killer valve covers for it, and a dual snorkel air cleaner with a brand new SVO lid as well...

Also, the tunnel will require massaging for the c6.

With long tubes you will have roughly a 1/4" clearance on each side. Aluminum heads puts you back at small block weight, fwiw.
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Weeeeee doggies!
                        He tried to get me to drive that damn thing - NO WAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                          If you pursue this I have a Griggs motorsports tubular, with control arms, that I will sell for $400. Easily cost you twice as much if you buy it new...

It is tight, but you can do it. Had mine all but complete when we bought this house, after which it sat for eight years, at which point I parted it out. Think I still have some killer valve covers for it, and a dual snorkel air cleaner with a brand new SVO lid as well...

Also, the tunnel will require massaging for the c6.

With long tubes you will have roughly a 1/4" clearance on each side. Aluminum heads puts you back at small block weight, fwiw.
                          The short block alone weighs as much as an entire small block with iron heads, or VERY close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                            The short block alone weighs as much as an entire small block with iron heads, or VERY close to it.
                            460 bare block weighs almost exactly the same as a iron 6.0 lsx block ~230lbs

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                              He tried to get me to drive that damn thing - NO WAY!!
                              after afew bars added it drove great.
                              Last edited by slowbrick2; 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM. Reason: fucking phone
                              2009 Mustang GT
                              1972 Country Squire

Comment

I always wanted a 500ci plus fox.

Comment

Working...
                                X