Found a few HP in the KB Coyote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a few HP in the KB Coyote

So I turned the boost up a few pounds. It is now making 25-26psi thru the 4.2l KB blower. It still drives like a stock car and gets over 15mpg on E85. You wouldn't even know it has more then exhaust when standing next to it idling.
    I made a pass yesterday at Denton but it spun a lot & shifted really early yet ran 119 mph. I think with the shift points tuned in and some traction it will go over 120 mph.

Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
    The daily: Sonic blue 03 Cobra with twins 1,063rwhp @ 25 psi
    The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.
    9.91@138.8 on 18's full weight with 750RW

Holy fuck..

Comment

Damn!

Comment

badass
        2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
        2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Damn!

Comment

insane! stock motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Holy fuck..
              My thoughts exactly...

Quick interruption: how much does it cost to get tuned at HPP? I'm going to likely need one once my Mach is back on the ground in January
              Last edited by brtnstrns; 12-11-2012, 07:27 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

It does not have the stock motor anymore. We put billet rods & forged pistons in it. It does have a stock trans, although we have put new factory ford clutches in it once after 10k miles. All the parts in the trans are stock, as is the converter & rear end. Full weight car that will always be run in full street trim. I now have more miles on my built motor then my stock one lived for. The stock one had a hard short life, she was a boost addict! Couldn't handle the 21 psi with the glass rods.

Oh and a lifetime dyno tune is $400 if you already have an sct chip or programmer. If you need one we can supply at reduced price.
                Last edited by Manny; 12-10-2012, 10:46 PM.
                Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
                The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.

Comment

Great numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post

Oh and a lifetime dyno tune is $400 if you already have an sct chip or programmer. If you need one we can supply at reduced price.
                    Awesome. I've got one. The Mach 1 I picked up you actually built and tuned for the previous owner a few years ago. Anyway, I'll be getting in touch in the next few weeks. Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                      It does not have the stock motor anymore. We put billet rods & forged pistons in it. It does have a stock trans, although we have put new factory ford clutches in it once after 10k miles. All the parts in the trans are stock, as is the converter & rear end. Full weight car that will always be run in full street trim. I now have more miles on my built motor then my stock one lived for. The stock one had a hard short life, she was a boost addict! Couldn't handle the 21 psi with the glass rods.

you guys are killin it! awesome setup.

Comment

Nice! What did it run?

Comment

It was a 6.5 with a 1.85 60', I was in/out of the gas several times before it grabbed & went. We had a customers car out there that has a similar stuff with less boost & stock motor. His makes 750rw and he was running 6.3@113 like clock work on 18's. He has gone a 6.2@113 on 18's with a 1.44 60'. I was hoping to get a 1.39 60' & go 5's with an additional 180rw thru the curve. Could be wishful thinking though.

Comment

Very nice!!!!!!
                            2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Manny, how long will the motor last? Want to add a power adder but dont know much about the block and internals.

Comment

Working...
                              X