Phenolic spacer in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenolic spacer in DFW

Who in the DFW, preferably Fort Worth area, has phenolic spacers??? I need a 1/2 inch spacer. Anyone know for certain where I could get one? Nothing fancy or expensive. Will be picking it up Friday if possible. Thanks!

-Side note, what is y'all favorite low profile carburetor air cleaner? Is the Edelbrock Pro-Flo my only option? Hood clearance with a 10" diameter cleaner is touching when I add a 1/2 inch spacer under my edelbrock carb.

I use the 9" K&N filter with the exstreme flow top on mine Tan . You should get that scoop off Gumby and that will give you another inch and 1/2 at least and you can use all the inches you can get . LOL
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Don't get the pro flow one small back fire and it will melt the foam they make them with and down the intake it goes.
      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I like the one jim has
        Big Rooster Racing
        1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
          I like the one jim has
          It fits nice in the scoop also . If you use a 14" base with a 9" top you can use some foam and make a cold air setup in the scoop also .
          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

This is the ghetto setup I did before I got the K&N filter and top . This is on a 351 with a stock hood .
            Last edited by dumpycapri85; 01-02-2014, 09:31 AM.
            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I had a drop base 13" Summit brand chrome air cleaner on the Capri, and was also using the Edlebrock brand 1/2" phenolic spacer and it all fit just fine. Come by the house on Friday, I have the spacer still and don't need it anymore.

Comment

I have a NIB 1" from summit, but that prob doesnt help you out much.
                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                sigpic

Comment

My buddy Brian (SonicblueGT03) pulled through with a 1/2 spacer! BTW, his DPS coupe is sick!

Comment

Thanks Tanner! Now get out to the garage and get that fuel line installed, I want to see how it looks actually on a car! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                    X