eff Oreilly's!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
    Some ive noticed are made from plastic, and if you catch one that's been on the shelf a while it's made from metal. Also most of the ones found in the clutch kits are metal, and the individual timken or housebrand is a random like talisman posted.

If you would have got on latemodel and gotten the ford racing from the get go, like suggested you wouldn't be in this boat.

I have a timken (metal) throwout bearing in my car, and it's been good for over a year now. If I ever need another it will be a ford one.

If you turds need help pulling motor, or loosening the LT I'll help you guys out.
    Well, David's bud will pull everything out and replace it for a hundred bucks, so I think Jack will be going that route. Thanks though

I suggested FRPP...Doug the parts guy even had one on order, but he didn't want to wait the extra 3-4 days for it to come in. I told those to turd burglars that Oreilly's was a little sketchy to rely on. The Gainesville one is run by methheads, so it's not too surprising that they have awful products and service lol.
    Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
    Like talisman said, it's really a crap shoot nowadays. Even with identical part numbers and manufacturers, you get two different parts. A large majority of remanufactured come from Mexico, and aren't all that bad.

I've had better luck with local chain stores than Dallas Mustang. They sell the cheapest shit, and 2 out of 3 times a part is junk out of the box, regardless of manufacturer or origin. They must get the shit end of the stick from all their suppliers.
    We are going with Ford this time like I told 'em to. I've never had an OEM replacement part break on me...and surprisingly most of the parts there are cheaper than the chain stores. All you have to do is ask them to price match
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

napa

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        napa

It doesn't matter where you buy it. You guys do realize that most parts stores sell identical brands, right? And that even if they are different "brands" most of the time they are still made by the same manufacturer and boxed differently? This is what happens with a global economy.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          It doesn't matter where you buy it. You guys do realize that most parts stores sell identical brands, right? And that even if they are different "brands" most of the time they are still made by the same manufacturer and boxed differently? This is what happens with a global economy.

Good luck.
          Well im going today to buy a Throwout bearing for my 95 GT, Was going to pick it up at Dallas Mustang for $47.00, Is that pretty much the same TO Bearing they sell at Autozone & Napa & other parts stores?
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          And while his kidney stones pass,
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I buy all of my stuff from Callahan auto parts.

Comment

These days there is no telling until you open the box. A lot of the parts on the shelf are actual reboxed factory parts because the aftermarket either hasn't caught up or there is a shortage. And sometimes you'll see the dealer brand is the exact bRand you could buy at any parts store. Like I said, flip a coin. There really isn't much rhyme or reason to figuring it out any more, it's almost pure luck unless you feel like spending a couple of days driving around opening boxes, and then researching the company who actually made the brand on the box. You can have 4 different brands but they're all made by the same manufacturer under different subcontractors.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                These days there is no telling until you open the box. A lot of the parts on the shelf are actual reboxed factory parts because the aftermarket either hasn't caught up or there is a shortage. And sometimes you'll see the dealer brand is the exact bRand you could buy at any parts store. Like I said, flip a coin. There really isn't much rhyme or reason to figuring it out any more, it's almost pure luck unless you feel like spending a couple of days driving around opening boxes, and then researching the company who actually made the brand on the box. You can have 4 different brands but they're all made by the same manufacturer under different subcontractors.

Exactly.

In regards to the bearing situation, if a BCA, Precision, or Moog boxed throw out bearing was purchased, it came from Federal Mogul. You know how many bearings Federal Mogul makes? Zero. You know how many bearing factories Federal Mogul has? Zero.

Timken and SKF actually manufacture their own bearings, but they both also outsource certain products. The majority of what Timken manufactures is tapered roller, so even if it's in a Timken box, it may not have come from them. SKF is a great brand and they manufacture a lot, bet even they outsource. GM actually came to SKF to ask them to produce hub bearing assemblies for the new CTS-V coupes and sedans to help the handling and test lap times.

Comment

I would get a timken just from personal experience, I've had two FM differential bearing fall out of cage while pulling it out of box. Timken just seemed to be a better quality steel and manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                    I told those to turd burglars that Oreilly's was a little sketchy to rely on. The Gainesville one is run by methheads, so it's not too surprising that they have awful products and service lol.
                    Ya, they'll just let anyone run those places these days!

Comment

I prefer NAPA's quality, but id choose O'reilly's over Autozone's Duralast crap!

Summit FTW!
                      Last edited by Exile; 11-30-2012, 11:13 AM.
                      1991 5.0 Mustang LX-Hatch, BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Headers, BBK X-Pipe, Flowmaster 40's, HPM C/C Plates, Cobra Sway-Bar, UPR Subframe Connectors, UPR Control Arms, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP "C" Springs, FRPP 31 Spine Diff, Moser 31 Spline Axles, FRPP 3:73 Gears, Tokico Blue Shocks, King Cobra Clutch, MSD Ignition, Taurus Electric Fan, BBK Gripp Shifter, & More

Comment

LOL@ broreily's.... On parts hold from them right now dangit.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          I buy all of my stuff from Callahan auto parts.
                          Ray Zalinsky does not approve

Comment

Working...
                          X