Supercharging Newbie - Need Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
    Lost... 100% lost. Where do I get a chip burned? When a chip is burned, does that include all the other stuff you just said?

So, 30lb injectors, and a MAF. Any recommendations? If I get a chip burned, can they adjust the rev limiter to eliminate the 6AL2 I just bought? I could use that money towards the injectors / MAF if so...

I'll look into a wideband, but have no idea how to read one or what to look for...
    Call Clint at True Street Motorsports ( 972-542-9886) he can help you out with this. I personally don't like fmu's, it's trouble waiting to happen.

Comment

Mine makes over 700 rwhp on speed density.
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Standalone EFI most likely. I'va found the limiting factor with the Ford SD is the lack of a Lo slope for diaing in the injectors. Then I wonder if since there is no Lo slope, does the breakpoint mean anything at all?

Comment

All of the things stated are overkill for your current setup, it is hard to find anyone to burn a chip nowdays also, first things first get a good wideband installed you can find them used on craigslist but make sure it is digital. Fuel pressure gauge and adjustable regulator also needed NOW.

Comment

More boost, more fuel! The only sc'd car I've ever had was a tbird sc that was stock.

Comment

So what did you decide to do?

Comment

If you're goign to do this on SD you're going to want someone who knows how to custom tune for sure, you've read right. That or convert to mass air. Those SD cars run great when they are tuned correctly.

I ran an FMU for about a year, and it worked fine for that period.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Getting blown is never cheap.

Comment

Working...
                  X