Any GM TBI experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stang2be View Post
    My worry is you spend that and could get a motor like mine that only has 113k and spend all that time pulling and not get much better off and can just spend a little more and have a new longblock with warranty
    Usually that wont happen, especially on a 350. In your case, with those kind of miles, I would say that it's been overheated in the past.

Comment

I have a 94 TBI. Years ago, it got bad intermittent miss. I did a tuneup and even replaced the coil and sensor inside the distributor. I finally pulled the distributor and realized that the shaft was worn out on it, so I replaced it with a vatozone e'special model, but it still ran like shit. Since I replaced pretty mush the entire ignition and some of the fuel injection parts and not knowing what else to do, I ended up taking to the chevy house. The tech ran some diags on it and said the distributor was bad. We put a new GM Delco in it and it hasn't missed a beat since then.

Comment

It was a former farm vehicle so I wonder if spent a fair amount of time idle which could account for excessive wear but having low miles. transmission shifts nice so its doesnt seem to have signs of wear and the AC compressor has been replaced by previous owner as well
        2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
        1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
          I have a 94 TBI. Years ago, it got bad intermittent miss. I did a tuneup and even replaced the coil and sensor inside the distributor. I finally pulled the distributor and realized that the shaft was worn out on it, so I replaced it with a vatozone e'special model, but it still ran like shit. Since I replaced pretty mush the entire ignition and some of the fuel injection parts and not knowing what else to do, I ended up taking to the chevy house. The tech ran some diags on it and said the distributor was bad. We put a new GM Delco in it and it hasn't missed a beat since then.
          I was leaning towards that and likely still will but I don't think the distributor would explain the low compression/slow start. If I pull it to rebuild/replace I plan on just getting a new distributor as well.
          2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
          1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Working...
          X