Power Adder Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beefcake special

keep the stock gears and get a converter.
    2011 Mustang GT
    sigpic

Comment

I am a huge turbo lover and I choose KB for mine. I am super happy I did and would do it over. The KB supplies an insane power curve and can make huge power with the blower options that are offered for these cars. My car drives like stock cruising around, stock gears, stock converter, when you get on it, it makes instant power and it feels great. Then at the track it will do a 1.4 60' on 18" drag radials.
      Either way you go let me know, we are running a lot of sales for the holidays. I'm sure I can save you some on any of your options.
      Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
      The daily: Sonic blue 03 Cobra with twins 1,063rwhp @ 25 psi
      The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.
      9.91@138.8 on 18's full weight with 750RW

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking anything other than a PD power adder will require a converter, gear or both. Even the turbo would probably need one.

Comment

no converter needed

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
            The single Hellion kit that came out a year ago was an untested pile of shit that caused people nothing but problems. Haven't looked at their twin kit yet, but I don't like their quality. There are several other companies working on twin kits that I would look at before Hellion.
            On3's kit looks nice and is well priced below any S/C kit you will find... Haven't seen any reports from anyone that has installed one though, but they have a thread on Corral about it.
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

^ No thanks. I think the Cliff Notes I've come up with would be:

I love the turbos... the negatives would be cost of the kit, more intense install and concerns about underhood heat.

KB - love the fact that I could avoid doing a converter and still cut good times. Install would be pretty straightforward, cost is on the higher side, and I'm not seeing a ton of people sharing their experience with them.

Paxton - love the lower cost, install will be easier, but concerned about needing more stuff to cut a good time. (Boss IM, converter, maybe gear). Lots of positive reads on installs, but most are running Boss IM, converter or are manual cars.

Comment

Working...
              X