Power Adder Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Adder Options

Looking to do something around the first of the year. Been reading up quite a bit. Let me know what you think is the best option. Car is an A6 '12 with a catback, SCT tuner and Cat deletes.

Goal: 620-650rwhp/XXXrwtq Mid-High 10’s on a DR.

Kenne Bell 2.8LC Polished Tuner Kit - $6949

I have some 60# injectors already. Will I need the BAP? If so, Add $259
    Pros: Can keep stock gears (3.15) and stock converter and still 60’ decent. Clean Install. No need for Intake Manifold.
    Cons: More expensive. Installation a little harder than the Paxton.

Paxton 2200SL Polished “Beefcake Special” - $5400-$5600

Includes ID1000 injectors, Vortech BAP, and extra pulley
    Pros: Cost and room for growth. Easiest Install
    Cons: Will probably need gears/converter/Boss IM to get it out of the hole. Less grunt off the line?

Hellion Twin Turbo Tuner Kit - $7295 from Power Adder Solutions
    Use the 60# injectors? BAP? If so, add $259 using KB.
    Pros: Cool, great power per PSI, tons of room for growth.
    Cons: Cost, installation time

For All Options: Will the 60# injectors be enough? Require BAP? Problematic to tune?
    Oil Pump Gears required?
    Keep the stock gearing and converter?

IMO, if it were MY car

Street car, daily driven. track maybe once a month...Kenne bell hands down!!

Street car, weekend driver only and track 3-4 times a month...Turbo!

Comment

Come on Doug, turbo coyote you're a turbo guy.
      Ded

Comment

where's the option for NITROUS!

Comment

Regarding the KB, I like the clean install, low end grunt, the fact it replaces the IM, etc. I think the turbo would be badass, but I'm really watching a few threads from guys that recently installed it to see how the underhood heat is working out. I don't want a bunch of burnt up wires and shit that require constant attention. I think the KB would be the most low maintenance. The install of the turbo kit will definitely be a much bigger PITA, but I DEFINITELY love the turbos!

Comment

Not interested N2O... I want power 24/7.... There are several other PA's that I haven't included either that I've eliminated from my shortlist (ProCharger, TVS, Whipple, Vortech, etc.) I could go into why on each one, but not really productive. Oh yeah, I just remembered another CON for the Paxton... I lose my CS fog lights. Not sure if this applies to the other 2 options.

Comment

Daily driver = KB

Not daily driver = turbo(s)

Comment

i would do whatever mike kelly did, that thing is a BEAST!

Comment

Oh, so a built motor then? LOL.... All 3 of the options above have room to grow down the road in case I go that route.

Comment

i still say nitrous man, having all that power isnt fun and you cant shut it off in bad weather, and you did say this is your daily driver. now if you did a badass turbo setup that had a controller and you could turn the boost all the way down that would be cool too, but damn that shit gets expensive.

but if you change your mind heres a nice lil kit. http://dfwmustangs.net/class/showpro...ate-kit&cat=11

hell it even made that tard whiteboy look fast lol.

Comment

tuuurrrbooooo!

Comment

You do know that the gas pedal controls how much power you're putting down at any given time right? :P

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                        i still say nitrous man, having all that power isnt fun and you cant shut it off in bad weather, and you did say this is your daily driver. now if you did a badass turbo setup that had a controller and you could turn the boost all the way down that would be cool too, but damn that shit gets expensive.

but if you change your mind heres a nice lil kit. http://dfwmustangs.net/class/showpro...ate-kit&cat=11

hell it even made that tard whiteboy look fast lol.

Comment

Turbo

Cool factor
                          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                            You do know that the gas pedal controls how much power you're putting down at any given time right? :P
                            the argument is especially void when talking about a turbo

Comment

turbo or kb but turbo is cooler
                              00 TT gt
                              634 @10psi

04 cobra
                              560whp

Comment

Working...
                              X