Plexiglass forward facing scoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plexiglass forward facing scoops

Does anyone locally build the forward facing plexiglass scoops that mount to the carburetor? Tossing around ideas and I need a functional scoop for my 2.5" cowl hood. I have an 85 gt and the carb is touching the hood. It's a drag car, so some forced induction would help. Thanks for any ideas or help. Jeff

I've never worked on a car before, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

LMK
    Ded

Comment

Pm me your number and I will give you a call. Wanting to try and get something done and take the car out next weekend, weather permitting. Thanks

Comment

Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Does it have to be made of plexiglass?
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

What can you make it out of ?

Comment

A loaf of bread.

Comment

I'm glad some of you think you are so funny. If you don't have a reply that has a point, just don't post it. I posted this to keep my money local.

Comment

Fine, do you want it to have contour or just a box? How thick do you want the plexi to be? What is your budget? Did you mean fiberglass? To build a basic plexi scoop can be done with basic materials easily found in the DFW. Plexi is sold everywhere, make a template out of cardboard, take your measurments to wherever you are going to buy the plexi (buy 1/4") and have them do the basic cuts. There is a special adhesive that will permanently bond the plexi and is strong, I think you can get it at allied plastic. For any additional cuts use a bandsaw or a fine tooth blade on a jig saw.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate the help. It does not have to be plexi, I was just throwing around some ideas. Probably just a basic box would work. It could be fairly small as well.

Comment

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC85GT View Post
                        Thanks I appreciate the help. It does not have to be plexi, I was just throwing around some ideas. Probably just a basic box would work. It could be fairly small as well.
                        I went and looked at some examples, I'm assuming you want to mount directly to the carb? A heat gun, lexan or plexi, silicone, and some rivets and you can do it, just take your time. For the bottom plate that mounts to the carb, I would go to 1/2" or 3/4".

Comment

I'm debating mounting to hood and building something from the carb to hood to direct the air flow. Not sure what would work better and look cleaner.

Comment

Working...
                          X