No start issue: '89 vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No start issue: '89 vert

This car is built to the 9's save for a few items. I can provide details if needed. In order to make a long story short, I haven't started this car in atleast two years. I'm painting this car for a friend but after his money got a little tight we put a halt on the project. Ive been working on it again for a few weeks now and I need to get it started. I have spark and fuel and car turns over very easily but it just won't start or even sound like it wants to start. Aeromotive pump sounds good. Fuel cell was almost empty so all I did was dump about 3gal in it.

Where do I go from here?

sent from an htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
    --carlos

sigpic

Hmm, maybe I should of asked this question in Canada?

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

Was it fresh fuel? Maybe try a different starter/ check the wires. Where has it been stored? Could rodents have gotten to any wires or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
        Was it fresh fuel? Maybe try a different starter/ check the wires. Where has it been stored? Could rodents have gotten to any wires or anything?
        I poured in about 3gal of fresh fuel and if I had to guess there was probably less than one gallon in there to begin with. Car cranks over perfectly so I doubt it's the starter. All wires are good and have spark at every one of them. Been in garage entire time.

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

When I didn't start my car for a year, it wouldn't start because I had bad gas and my fuel pump, although I could hear it turn on, apparently wasn't putting out enough pressure.....or something like that.....
          .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
            When I didn't start my car for a year, it wouldn't start because I had bad gas and my fuel pump, although I could hear it turn on, apparently wasn't putting out enough pressure.....or something like that.....
            That makes sense but I'm getting 44psi at the regulator. I even went to the extent of cracking the seal of one of the rail fittings while under pressure and I got a stream of fuel.

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

Dizzy
              ECU

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
                Dizzy
                ECU

Well, if the dizzy was bad would it still fire? I'm getting fire at all plugs.

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

If you have fuel pressure and spark, I'd check the timing. Carb or efi? Sounds like bad gas still in the works. Have you inspected the plugs after cranking to check for fuel in the cylinders? Might have fuel in the lines but not getting to the combustion chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                    If you have fuel pressure and spark, I'd check the timing. Carb or efi? Sounds like bad gas still in the works. Have you inspected the plugs after cranking to check for fuel in the cylinders? Might have fuel in the lines but not getting to the combustion chamber.
                    The car was tuned in a shop in S.A. a few years ago and nothing has been tampered with, i.e. fuel press, timing. Car was running perfectly fine the last time I started and drove it. There wasn't enough gas in it to register on the gauge, so I added about 3gal of 93 octane to it and attempted to start it. Plugs themselves look good but I didn't think about looking for fuel in the cylinders. I'll do that in the morn.

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X