No announcement yet.

Need to get a Wideband any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Innovate MTXL is less than $200 and has everthing built into the gauge. You can get replacement sensors at the auto parts store as well.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
      I can't find the documentation on it right now, but...

the sampling rate of the standard Innovate stuff is HALF of what the Autometer stuff is - not to mention the Autometer guage has the controller built into the back of the guage.

There's some interesting math out there on the subject - but, what I remeber reading of it was that, your typical V8 engine at 6,000RPM had X Ms between cycles. The two widebands have X Ms between samples with the autometer bieng much faster... they claimed that an engine that leaned out could theoretically burn up before the wideband saw a change. (won't matter if you are using it for visuals, but if you're using the 5V output, it WILL matter a LOT)
      A 4 stroke V8 will fire every 2.5ms at 6000 RPM, if my math is correct.

4 cylinders fire every revolution
      6000 RPM

4x6000= 24,000 pulses per minute

60 seconds per minute

24,000/60= 400 pulses per second

1000 milliseconds per second

1000/400=2.5 ms between pulses

Comment

well i googled "autometer wideband sample rate" and guess what the #3 result was????
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I googled "wide band" and this is what came up.

Ded

Comment

I just looked back at one of my datalogs using the Innovate and the data was every .08 seconds. Not sure if it could be set a closer intervals or not, but that's what it was on my log.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
              I just looked back at one of my datalogs using the Innovate and the data was every .08 seconds. Not sure if it could be set a closer intervals or not, but that's what it was on my log.
              There's 3 firing occurrences that happen before your wideband even knows what's going on. Then you've got to factor in your reaction time in case things go really wrong.

Comment

As if any wideband can predict the next pulse, while I understand it's importance I also feel likes it's irrelevant.

Say you have one that samples every pulse, what are the odds of you catching it right away?....

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  As if any wideband can predict the next pulse, while I understand it's importance I also feel likes it's irrelevant.

Say you have one that samples every pulse, what are the odds of you catching it right away?....
                  No one said anything about predicting.. It's how fast the wideband can sample whats coming out in the exhaust stream. I can assure you it makes a difference- you can clearly see it in a datalog

Comment

Like Brooks said, if you're only using it as a tuning aid, it'll be fine. If you're using the output to control things, I'd say it's going to struggle.

Comment

LM-2

Comment

Working...
                      X