No announcement yet.

Need to get a Wideband any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to get a Wideband any suggestions?

Needing to get one just don't know which one is good/best price.

have yet to use it but i like everything i have read.

Comment

John and I both have this

NGK NTK Wide Band Powerdex AFX Air/Fuel Gauge Wideband

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Both of mine are Innovate LC1's.

You can get the wideband, sensor, gauge, and bung for $175 shipped from Amazon (they have a red gauge too for the same price).
        [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Motorsports-3795-Complete-Wideband/dp/B001QFH2RW/[/ame]

They did a wideband sensor shootout for what it's worth. From what I understand the LC1 and the XD-16 use the same sensor/controller.

Comment

I had an Innovate LC-1 as well. Combined it with an Aux-Box for datalogging... all sold now, however.

Comment

one nice thing about any of the widebands that use the bosch lsu4.2 (most of them use this sensor), you can get one at autozone with a lifetime warrenty. since turbo cars like to kill the sensors if makes it easier on the pocketbook.

second, the innovate has 0-5v output (for data-logging) and a 0-1v out put for simulated narrowband o2 output. i've never used the simulated narrow band out put, but in theory you could do away with the factory o2's and use the wideband as both a wideband sensor as well as a narrow band for your factory ecm's closed loop operations.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
              Needing to get one just don't know which one is good/best price.
              Do you need to datalog or just want one for visual as you drive/run it?
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Innovate MTXL so you can log and display in Lambda. This way when the fuel blends change you will be able to see it in the logs.

Comment

I had an LC1 and other than it being very particular about the ground, it was good and worked with all the programming tools I used.

Comment

I have the Innovate XD16 LC-1 kit and it works perfect.
                    03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                    "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Been using a Innovate LM-1 datalogger with XD-1 digital guage since 2006 and it's worked flawlessly, including the original O2 sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        Do you need to datalog or just want one for visual as you drive/run it?
                        Just for Visual really.

Comment

how bright is the LC 1? Seems like it would get annoying with that bright blue light shining in your face if you have it on the a pillar.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                            Just for Visual really.
                            Just get the AEM wide band.

Buy disahurra...
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I can't find the documentation on it right now, but...

the sampling rate of the standard Innovate stuff is HALF of what the Autometer stuff is - not to mention the Autometer guage has the controller built into the back of the guage.

There's some interesting math out there on the subject - but, what I remeber reading of it was that, your typical V8 engine at 6,000RPM had X Ms between cycles. The two widebands have X Ms between samples with the autometer bieng much faster... they claimed that an engine that leaned out could theoretically burn up before the wideband saw a change. (won't matter if you are using it for visuals, but if you're using the 5V output, it WILL matter a LOT)

Comment

Working...
                              X