What clutch is everyone using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What clutch is everyone using?

I need a new clutch and was wondering what everyone was running?

one that works......less slip the better
    Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

Street? Street/Strip? Drag race only?

I currently have a RAM HD setup in mine. Previously I had a centerforce Dual Friction.

I can't wait to go back to the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. It held just as good but was much nicer on the street.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I had a King Cobra and that fucker would chatter at light throttle no matter how I adjusted it.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by thedriver33 View Post
          one that works......less slip the better
          WOW! Thanks!

Comment

It will be all street. The car is supercharged, so something a little better than stock.

Comment

I've always like the Centerforce dual friction clutches for the street, but I've never pushed serious HP through them.

Comment

Stay the fuck away from spec. I run the stage 3+ and that thing chatters more than anything I've ever heard. I've heard good things about RAM, monster clutch, and McLeod
                03 cobra

Comment

I have run a RAM previously and I liked it.

Comment

Depending on power levels, a spec stage 2 should do the job. having installed every brand available, the spec is hands down the best imo. Not once have I ever had an issue with a spec chattering, or bad street manners. I actually just replaced a ram twin disc for a spec for this exact reason. It chattered like crazy, not to mention once it was torn apart, I found 2 fingers broken, and this was a brand new ram twin disc!! The spec drives and feels like a stock clutch!

Comment

I loved my McLeod.
                      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
                        Stay the fuck away from spec. I run the stage 3+ and that thing chatters more than anything I've ever heard. I've heard good things about RAM, monster clutch, and McLeod
                        I've had 5 SPEC clutches now and not a single one gave me any issues.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Centerforce dual friction pressure plate on a veleo Autozone disk, the DF disk was looking pretty worn after a year of abuse and seized clutch cable.. Wasn't slipping just was low enough to where I didn't want to put it back in.

I can roll down the street and rev dump it in 3rd and get sideways, and hard launches at the track never have had a slip issue.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I have a Spec3+ for the SVO, but its still in the box.

I'm interested to hear what is wrong with yours Brandon. I expect its actually torn up, but still functioning.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I run a spec stage 2. It is a good clutch. My dad runs a spec stage 3 in his cobra and has no problems with it. Spec are good clutches and I don't hear any chatter from my dads.
                              1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X