Stock heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock heads

Has anyone worked a set of stock heads or is it better to get get a set of GT40's..... and put 1:6rr on the GT40's with a E-303 cam....... I am trying to keep my car as stock as possible but give it a bit more edge....

Originally posted by BLACK91 View Post
    Has anyone worked a set of stock heads or is it better to get get a set of GT40's..... and put 1:6rr on the GT40's with a E-303 cam....... I am trying to keep my car as stock as possible but give it a bit more edge....
    If you want to keep it close to stock but pick up some power i'd just add Cobra/Explorer Intake, Crane/Cobra 1.7 rockers, and exhaust. That is a pretty simple setup that makes more hp than stock and still makes solid low end power. Plus, those intake and rocker arms can be found cheap used all the time.

Marcus
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Get rid of the stock heads. Put on some aftermarket heads and be done with it.

If you want to keep the car as stock as possible, why put in a camshaft?

Honestly, if you want to retain the stock manners of the car, and increase some power, go buy a set of Edelbrock Performer Heads and put them on the car. They will wake it up some (Plus they are inexpensive and they are decent.).

Comment

cobra intake, any aluminum heads, keep the stock cam, and use some 1.7 rockers..

That will give you about 40-50hp over stock and will still idle like a stocker

Comment

I have stock E7's (not GT40) heads, ported, would the GT40 style head be an improvement? I haven't messed with SBF in a long time, just wondering what's better about the GT40 head? And does a GT40 need any porting?
          sigpic

Comment

I have a Cobra upper/lower full exhaust-bbk equal lengths, h-pipe and dynomax mufflers with pullies and full suspension springs, caster camber plates and upper and lower rear control arms......I thinnk after seeing alot of cars last nite with all the same crap.... I am going to just do a turbo build this winter! Any thoughts for who has the best drop in kit!

Comment

I have a Cobra upper/lower full exhaust-bbk equal lengths, h-pipe and dynomax mufflers with pullies and full suspension springs, caster camber plates and upper and lower rear control arms......I thinnk after seeing alot of cars last nite with all the same crap.... I am going to just do a turbo build this winter! Any thoughts for who has the best drop in kit!
              turbostang here on the board.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
              X