best milage car for 2k-?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best milage car for 2k-?

I usually drive 500-600 miles per week and I only have the pickup trucks or the mach to drive...none get that good of gas milage obviously.

I have been looking at '00 era civics and 01-04 foci. I have seen some decent deals on them, but do not want to hop on them due to my lack of knowledge regarding the reliability & wear items. Also, I want to avoid general lemons, of course
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

You can try and pry a Festiva out of Don's hands.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      You can try and pry a Festiva out of Don's hands.
      ran great when parked just needs TLC?

sigpic

Comment

I'm in the same boat and price range.

The 5speed civics wil get 3~mpg more then the auto.

The best for mileage are the eg hatch vx 5speed. Those are the 92-95 body styles. They'll get around 50mph, but they are turds! 1.5 non vtec assholes on wheels.. The vx is base of the base, lucky to find one with a/c and def no p/s. But a Honda without p/s is comparable to a golf cart.

If you can't find a vx the next is an hx and they'll get about 40, dx and ex are trim only, such as painted mirrors, a/c, painted trim and larger wheels with automatic as an option.

If you want an ek 96-00, those are nice. But are heavy and don't get as good mileage. The hx and dx 5spd will get 35-38mph with the 1.6 non vtec. The ex in those should have a d16y8 which is sohc vtec, and they'll get around 30-33mph pending the transmissions.

Honda autos have a problem with the shift solenoids failing and causing them to skip or lose gears. It's an easy fix but it can be a pita. I re comes getting a 5speed for that vert reason.

Im looking for a eg 93-95 hatch 5speed car. I'd like a d16z (early sohc vtec, crx si engine) model, so it will have a little bit of pep.

Avoid cars with motor swaps, as most were done by children and are hackjobs.

There ya go !

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

This a b18c (jdm 1.8vtec) they're about 180hp with a 8500rpm redline stock.

These cams are about 2,000 + supporting mods. Rev out to ~10k rpm. The vtec killer cams eliminate vtec, so it's no longer vtec anymore..

IMO that sounds nasty, if you rolled up on a civic chopping youd probably smile!

Comment

I've got my 95 Camry that I drive from Lewisville to Gainesville every day. Gets around 30 MPGs. Only paid $2800 for it last October with 74k miles on it. Its at 107k right now and still running strong. I would definitely look into them.
            sigpic

Comment

5 speed TDI VW diesel. I gave 2500 for mine. And I get 40-42
              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Im going to try and look at an eg hatch tomorrow.

Comment

I doubt that you are going to get into an 00 era civic for that price, you should be able to get into the earlier years though. If you go focus, make sure that you go for the Zetec 2.0L, much better for power, MPG, and so much cheaper to fix. I have a one owner 97 Civic 2 door EX 5 speed on my lot right now, but it's a little more than $2K.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    I'm in the same boat and price range.

The 5speed civics wil get 3~mpg more then the auto.

The best for mileage are the eg hatch vx 5speed. Those are the 92-95 body styles. They'll get around 50mph, but they are turds! 1.5 non vtec assholes on wheels.. The vx is base of the base, lucky to find one with a/c and def no p/s. But a Honda without p/s is comparable to a golf cart.

If you can't find a vx the next is an hx and they'll get about 40, dx and ex are trim only, such as painted mirrors, a/c, painted trim and larger wheels with automatic as an option.

If you want an ek 96-00, those are nice. But are heavy and don't get as good mileage. The hx and dx 5spd will get 35-38mph with the 1.6 non vtec. The ex in those should have a d16y8 which is sohc vtec, and they'll get around 30-33mph pending the transmissions.

Honda autos have a problem with the shift solenoids failing and causing them to skip or lose gears. It's an easy fix but it can be a pita. I re comes getting a 5speed for that vert reason.

Im looking for a eg 93-95 hatch 5speed car. I'd like a d16z (early sohc vtec, crx si engine) model, so it will have a little bit of pep.

Avoid cars with motor swaps, as most were done by children and are hackjobs.

There ya go !
                    well, that sums up the honda info lol. Thanks!

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                    Those are nightmares....amazing mpg, but they are a rotten pandora's box!
                    Had a TDI for a couple weeks-it was a gigantic relief to get rid of it, but worth the try once.
                    Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    I doubt that you are going to get into an 00 era civic for that price, you should be able to get into the earlier years though. If you go focus, make sure that you go for the Zetec 2.0L, much better for power, MPG, and so much cheaper to fix. I have a one owner 97 Civic 2 door EX 5 speed on my lot right now, but it's a little more than $2K.
                    there are a couple civies on CL in that era for 2k...one 98 in town for 1700 too.
                    I'll PM you about that civic though.

sigpic

Comment

just read this ad:

sigpic

Comment

I've got 270k on my TDI with no issues other then a sensor that was $40

John has almost 600k on his TDI

If you buy a TDI keep John's info handy. He works on them
                        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                          Integras are cool, but they get shit mpg. 28 on the high side. They are 1.8s. (b18).

That ad is funny I saw it a few days ago.

Comment

Something I forgot to mention, the 2001-2005 cars were junk. They look decent, but other then that they're turds.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                              Yep! My old TDI was a hog, sold it with 320k on the clock for as much as I bought it for.
                              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                              '13 Dodge Cummins
                              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Working...
                              X