Turn signals not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signals not working

Turn signals not working on 92 mustang. Checked the fuse and swapped the blinker can from my 93 and still won't work. Flashers work. What am I missing?

Do you have power coming into the fuse box?....power at the flasher? How about power at the turn signal switch?

Comment

is the ignition switch in good condition?
      Big Rooster Racing
      1985 Mustang GT

Comment

orange wire on the hazard switch?
        .....bro....

Comment

Check pig tail on steering coulmn for loose connection or burnt bulb. Good luck bud

Comment

check the blinker fluid smart guy..

Comment

As said above, check input/ output of turn signal switch. Did you test fuse with light or ohm meter or just visually? I've been burnt by just a visual check before, only way I caught it was test light on both sides. Was popped way down by the terminal and didn't look bad.

Comment

I have a good one $25

Comment

Well I'm not much for anything electrical. I did a visual check of the fuse. The hazard flashers work but the blinkers do not. I have an ohm meter but Im not sure how to check power to the fuse or the turn signal. I have no idea what a pig tail is or what the orange wire on the hazard switch means. The ignition switch seems to work fine... the car starts.

Comment

Originally posted by mustvid View Post
                    Well I'm not much for anything electrical. I did a visual check of the fuse. The hazard flashers work but the blinkers do not. I have an ohm meter but Im not sure how to check power to the fuse or the turn signal. I have no idea what a pig tail is or what the orange wire on the hazard switch means. The ignition switch seems to work fine... the car starts.
                    Test light or volt meter on both sides of fuse, or removed, use ohmmeter to check resistance.

Comment

The turn signal assembly was common to stop working. My '88 did the same thing, the wipers worked but the turn signals didn't. Idk if they changed in '92 but all I know is they aren't cheap

Comment

Ok, I checked the fuse again and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and the blinker worked but blew the fuse again.

Comment

Check the bulbs, betcha one is burnt out.

Comment

The hazard flashers bulbs are working. I think that is an indicator that the bulbs are good unless the bulbs are double element and the turn signal element is bad.

Comment

Pull the hazard switch out of the housing, I had the exact same problem... the orange wire is loose. Push it back in and try again, seems to be a common problem.
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X