No announcement yet.

POS 2002 Ford Expy spark plug replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you check the coils on this Expy? This all started with a miss fire code on cylinder 7. The plug looks like it hasn't been firing so I figured it was the coil, but since I was there I figured I'd replace the plugs while I was at it (181k and still the stock plugs )
    92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
      How can you check the coils on this Expy? This all started with a miss fire code on cylinder 7. The plug looks like it hasn't been firing so I figured it was the coil, but since I was there I figured I'd replace the plugs while I was at it (181k and still the stock plugs )
      ohm check or swap it to another cyl. I don't have my alldata drive ATM but i can look up the values if someone doesn't chime in or find it on the web somewhere.

Comment

Now when you check the resistance do you check at the pins on the wiring connection or from each pin to ground? Autozone has the primary and secondary ohm readings, I just need to know where to check it at. Or would I put one probe on the input terminal and one on the output that hooks to the plug?
        Last edited by bobs94formula; 01-05-2011, 10:02 PM.
        92 LX 5.0

Comment

All alldata says about testing them is using an oscope. Just scanned it but i didn't see any ohm values. However....Primary resistance (across the connector terminals) , Secondary (between + and the plug spring/wire).

Comment

Thank you!
            92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
            X