Terraclean Carbon Cleaning System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraclean Carbon Cleaning System

I saw this on Wheeler Dealers. Looks like a pretty slick system, and much better than Seafoaming your ride and smoking out the neighborhood. Has anyone seen or used one of these? Seems like it would be worth the money on a high mileage car.

I'd like to try it on my truck - just to see if the mileage would improve any.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      I'd like to try it on my truck - just to see if the mileage would improve any.
      It wouldn't hurt. Seems like a great way to skirt past an emissions test too.

Comment

We have a Motorvac machine from snapon, it's old tech now as it was a few years old when I started just over 15 years ago at my job. It does a similar job, except that you added fuel to the machine, added the cleaning chemical, flushed the rails and injectors with the solution for about 30 minutes and then ran the car on it until the fuel/cleaner ran out. It would take anywhere from and hour to hour and half to do a complete service. We had cars that would pick up 2-3 inches of vacuum at idle after a cleaning. I haven't pulled the machine out in over 3 or 4 years probably.

Comment

Looks like many of the kwik kar shops use this for their fuel injection cleaning service, it's pretty pricey at $199 though.

Comment

Would be nice for those Audi FSI engines
            Detailing by Dylan
            817-494-3396
            Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
            Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
              I saw this on Wheeler Dealers. Looks like a pretty slick system, and much better than Seafoaming your ride and smoking out the neighborhood. Has anyone seen or used one of these? Seems like it would be worth the money on a high mileage car.

If you have questions I have a machine and was the local Rep for TerraClean. This cleaning can do wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by 85RegattaBlue View Post
                If you have questions I have a machine and was the local Rep for TerraClean. This cleaning can do wonders.
                What are you charging for this service?

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post

I have no input, but I saw that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    I have no input, but I saw that episode.
                    x3!

Comment

Found a shop in Watauga that has this machine, getting the service done now. I'll post the results later.

It was a really quick process, maybe 15 minutes tops. A lot crap came out of the tailpipe that's for sure. No smoke came from the tailpipe while it was running at all. I was expecting a smoke show similar to using seafoam. The price was just under $140. Pricey for sure but it's supposed to clean up your injectors, o2's, and catalytic converters. Not sure I would do it on a newer vehicle but for a truck with over 175k it couldn't hurt.
                      Last edited by Mychael101; 03-27-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

running any better? Any noticeable changes good or bad?

Comment

Originally posted by bonfire View Post
                          running any better? Any noticeable changes good or bad?
                          Not that I could tell. My concern was to clean things up as best as I could without having to dive into the motor and pick up a little more fuel economy.

Comment

Working...
                          X