No announcement yet.

Slippin' and a slidin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuzion is their own brand, sooooooo. Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      Fuzion is their own brand, sooooooo. Yeah.
      They are made by Bridgestone (look at the bottom of their website). They are a lower end tire but I ran Fuzion ZRi's on my '94 Cobra daily for years and never had any issues in the rain.
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
        They are made by Bridgestone (look at the bottom of their website). They are a lower end tire but I ran Fuzion ZRi's on my '94 Cobra daily for years and never had any issues in the rain.
        Well I'll be goddamned. Thanks!

Comment

I've had fusions before, good inexpensive tire. I had 245's on my fox and never had any problems, even on cheap Kumho's.
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I think the main problem with Foxes in the rain is a relatively good amount of torque off idle and the crappy 4-link rear not adequately controlling the rear axle. When the bushings get old it only gets worse.

Comment

I think the main problem with Foxes in the rain is a relatively good amount of torque off idle and the crappy 4-link rear not adequately controlling the rear axle. When the bushings get old it only gets worse.
              i agree. so what can i do
              bushings?
              .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                i agree. so what can i do
                bushings?
                Bushings will get you back to stock rain performance. Aftermarket control arms with better bushings would help more. Panhard bar even better...

Comment

Bushings will get you back to stock rain performance. Aftermarket control arms with better bushings would help more. Panhard bar even better...
                  Then that's what I'll do.....what bushings we talking about here, the new control arms have new bushings, what else should be replaced? Gears? Could there be something wrong with the rear end? Track lock diff. or something...
                  Last edited by A+; 11-29-2012, 07:12 AM.
                  .....bro....

Comment

Then that's what I'll do.....what bushings we talking about here, the new control arms have new bushings, what else should be replaced? Gears? Could there be something wrong with the rear end? Track lock diff. or something...
                    If you've got new arms you should be good on that unless you want to add a panhard bar.
                    Does it spin both tires or just 1 when you do a burnout? If your trac-lok is worn out then only spinning 1 tire will actually keep it from getting sideways but you aren't going to get going in any kind of hurry.

Comment

Then that's what I'll do.....what bushings we talking about here, the new control arms have new bushings, what else should be replaced?
                      Your new control arms will have new bushings on both ends of the lower control arms, but will only have new bushings on one ends of the upper control arms.

There are separate bushings that are pressed into your differential that will need to be replaced when changing out your upper control arms. But make sure to get rubber bushings for the differential. You dont want to use urethane bushings on the differential.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-4050-b
                      1991 5.0 Mustang LX-Hatch, BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Headers, BBK X-Pipe, Flowmaster 40's, HPM C/C Plates, Cobra Sway-Bar, UPR Subframe Connectors, UPR Control Arms, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP "C" Springs, FRPP 31 Spine Diff, Moser 31 Spline Axles, FRPP 3:73 Gears, Tokico Blue Shocks, King Cobra Clutch, MSD Ignition, Taurus Electric Fan, BBK Gripp Shifter, & More

Comment

Working...
                      X