Slippin' and a slidin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippin' and a slidin'

So is there a way to keep these fox body mustangs from from slipping and sliding all over Timbuktu, when it wet out? Now, I'm not a crazy driver nor do I speed in the rain but this car is all over the place when I turn on dry land and when its wet. So do I just have to keep completely off the gas when I turn or is there something I can do to make it better. I already asked it nicely...that didn't work .
    .....bro....

discount sipes tires.. i'm having my truck and her car done this week as it's going to rain for the next few months straight.

Comment

Nope, just learn to drive by the seat of yo pants. A lot of hot days in Texas and oil and grime on the road ain't nothing you can do but say WEEEEEEEEEE!

Comment

Put a skinny-ass all-weather tire all the way around. The 315 M/Ts on my car are SUICIDE in any moisture.

Sent from my not soo far away Galaxy...
        1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
        2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
        2000 F250 4x4 PSD
        2012 Ford Exploder
        www.fquick.com/payne5757
        www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

Not really.

I would avoid certain roads and try my damnedest to never have to come to a complete stop at a red light when I drove my fox all the time.

Comment

LOL I nearly got stuck one day trying to leave a stop light on a hill when I had drag radials on. I ended up flooring it and letting them roast up the hill.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

ehh...I figured there was nothing I could do. I was turning right on red today when my damn foot sliiped off the clutch and I gave it just enough gas to spin a 180. I wonder if ford ever got any complaints back in the day.
              .....bro....

Comment

Better tires, slip the shit out of the clutch?

Comment

My tires are in good shape and my floor slipped off and I releases the clutch completely. Even when that doesn't happen I'm still sliding all over.
                  .....bro....

Comment

Sideshow!
                    Ded

Comment

Thinner tires with good tread will take that away. The bigger or wider the tire, the more they slide

Comment

i've been driving foxes for years and i've always been scared shitless when it starts raining on the way home!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          i've been driving foxes for years and i've always been scared shitless when it starts raining on the way home!
                          I thought it was just me back in the day. A light rain on the way home one night and some S curves in south Arlington. Spun it 180 once and almost got me again closer to home.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

<-- driven the fox in the rain on 245's and didn't have a problem... /shrug

Driver mod time?

Comment

I used to drive in the rain all the time and never had a problem. Except for once on normal tires (my only wreck and it was weird circumstances) and once when I got caught with et streets on in a monsoon. Still made it home but that SUCKED!
                              2014 GT
                              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Working...
                              X