F150 mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 mystery

My truck has 125K on the dash and its an 04, I had the plugs changed and mass airflow sensor changed as well as the belts. My truck had began to stall out and idle really rough and would jerk and buck if going up hill. Nothing has worked so far and it isnt throwing any codes! I still have the stalling out and rough and low idling, My next thing to try is changing the fuel filter. I hope this fixes it as I dont want to pay $350 for a fuel pump. If anyone has any Idea's please help...........

how does it drive when you unplug the maf sensor? Any different, better?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Runs the same with the new maf sensor, I haven't tried unplugging it and checking.

Comment

could be a possibility of a vac leak if its at the 125K mark. definately inspect the lines and intake.

Comment

if you change the fuel filter and no change start looking at the injectors or coils.

Comment

I am basicly thinking that this is going to be "process of elimination" type deal since no codes are showing. How hard is it to test for bad injectors? bad Coils and or bad fuel filter? Do you replace all 8 of the injectors? or coils if one is bad? My problem is I dont want to throw money at it, I want to know exactly what is causing this.
            Last edited by warrjsmith; 12-30-2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              if you change the fuel filter and no change start looking at the injectors or coils.
              Gonna try this. thanks

Comment

Coils

Comment

You don't have to spend 350 for a fuel pump.... You can buy them online for $90+- .
                  "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                    You don't have to spend 350 for a fuel pump.... You can buy them online for $90+- .
                    What's this you speak of?

Comment

Or if all else fails you could spend about 90 and let someone who has the correct diagnostictools tell you what's wrong with it

Comment

I'd be checking fuel pressure b4 i did another thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                          I'd be checking fuel pressure b4 i did another thing.

Doing this now.........

Comment

Fuel Pressure is good, now for the injectors and or coils to be checked.

Comment

Originally posted by warrjsmith View Post
                              Fuel Pressure is good, now for the injectors and or coils to be checked.
                              Those should have a code if they are causing a problem, thought about a plugged cat/exhaust, may wanna check that. What you get on FP?

Comment

Working...
                              X