• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
    Holy shit!!! What shop did that?
    fastest mustang ever motor company in pandego

Originally posted by naynay View Post
    well its only listed as a trade.. i was going to instill some knowledge in the young man..

no one is going to trade you any type of decent 4 door pickup for that. they are in two different ball parks. you are likely to get offers for some clapped out 2002 dodge ram which will be the biggest POS you could get. you're better off holding on to the car buying a daily (civic or such) and waiting til you can get yourself a nice newer truck. I really think you'll wanna kick your own ass for getting rid of it. ask me how i know..
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Solid post, bro.

Srsly
    x2
    I bicker with you but I dont have anything against you as a person just fyi

Originally posted by naynay View Post
    No buttons pushed here. What is the car worth??
    well it is a fox body with 5k in mods so about 350

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
    Chris might be able "push the puttons" for some of you on here, lol, but he is a straight up guy in person.
    lol thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB
      fastest mustang ever motor company in pandego
      I though I read something about a Shop in Mckinney Did the work.

Comment

You talking about this?
        Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
        We did not build the motor, we installed it.

Comment

I was joking around

Comment

Okay, so you found the flywheel was missing the dowel pins, then the pressure plate would
            not necessarily be centered, and it's a heavy part. That will cause a vibration related to rpm.
            Independent of clutch engagement/disengagement.
            Higher rpm, more vibration, stronger vibration.

It's basically a balance problem behind the motor. It will also thrash the T.O. bearing.
            It can also thrash the crank bearings, and rear main seal if the motor is run hard.
            It can also scrub the clutch disk, because it's aligned center is with the crank,
            but the pressure plate is off-center, this will compromise the pilot bearing.

I would replace the pilot bearing, remove the pressure plate(and clutch disk), put in the dowels,
            and start the motor.
            Rev it and see if the bad vibration is gone, rev it up high and pay attention.

Shut off the motor and install the pressure plate without the clutch disk. Perform the same
            rev tests. Pressure plates are zero balance so I wouldn't expect a change from the first
            rev test.
            If you get no vibration, the pressure plate alignment was bad(due to missing
            dowel pins). This is also assuming that the crank pully is correct.

If the issue is fixed, install the clutch disk and rest of the tranny, golden.

I hate to see issues like this, because people take a car to the shop to get stuff
            fixed and running. I used to think of performance shops that same way, until I got into a
            bad deal myself, it didn't cost me tons of money, just tons of lost time.
            After that, I started turning wrenches on my own and shortly after, I started destroying
            shop cars at the drag strip. Then, there was no reason to put my car into the shop if I was
            dusting all the cars that they were turning out.
            Jay Johnson
            Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
              Okay, so you found the flywheel was missing the dowel pins, then the pressure plate would
              not necessarily be centered, and it's a heavy part. That will cause a vibration related to rpm.
              Independent of clutch engagement/disengagement.
              Higher rpm, more vibration, stronger vibration.

It's basically a balance problem behind the motor. It will also thrash the T.O. bearing.
              It can also thrash the crank bearings, and rear main seal if the motor is run hard.
              It can also scrub the clutch disk, because it's aligned center is with the crank,
              but the pressure plate is off-center, this will compromise the pilot bearing.

I would replace the pilot bearing, remove the pressure plate(and clutch disk), put in the dowels,
              and start the motor.
              Rev it and see if the bad vibration is gone, rev it up high and pay attention.

Shut off the motor and install the pressure plate without the clutch disk. Perform the same
              rev tests. Pressure plates are zero balance so I wouldn't expect a change from the first
              rev test.
              If you get no vibration, the pressure plate alignment was bad(due to missing
              dowel pins). This is also assuming that the crank pully is correct.

If the issue is fixed, install the clutch disk and rest of the tranny, golden.

I hate to see issues like this, because people take a car to the shop to get stuff
              fixed and running. I used to think of performance shops that same way, until I got into a
              bad deal myself, it didn't cost me tons of money, just tons of lost time.
              After that, I started turning wrenches on my own and shortly after, I started destroying
              shop cars at the drag strip. Then, there was no reason to put my car into the shop if I was
              dusting all the cars that they were turning out.
              Old news, icehole!

Comment

I kind of feel bad, because I transported the car to TSP for you way back then.
                We spoke just briefly about your project over lunch, but no real details, and no way to
                foresee the issue you would get thrown into.

Oh, dowel pins generally do not fall out unless they have been installed and removed many
                times, which would ding them up, or ream the flywheel dowel holes. Easy enough to address
                when the issue is identified.

Also, a dowel pin is used when alignment is critical. Any competent mechanic would
                know this, and never ignore it nor leave it out.
                Jay Johnson
                Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  Old news, icehole!
                  Interesting, I just got back from 2weeks on the snow slopes of Keystone Colorado.

and BTW, I basically called this issue in my first post on the subject Oct 12:
                  "...a vibration behind the motor..."
                  Jay Johnson
                  Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
                    I kind of feel bad, because I transported the car to TSP for you way back then.
                    We spoke just briefly about your project over lunch, but no real details, and no way to
                    foresee the issue you would get thrown into.

Oh, dowel pins generally do not fall out unless they have been installed and removed many
                    times, which would ding them up, or ream the flywheel dowel holes. Easy enough to address
                    when the issue is identified.

Also, a dowel pin is used when alignment is critical. Any competent mechanic would
                    know this, and never ignore it nor leave it out.
                    I appreciate it man. The whole problem with the entire thing is that I can't build it myself. If I could, everything thing else would have been irrelevant. I have spoken my peace in that thread and posted it with no emotion so I'm not upset. Thanks for the tow and the advice. Maybe some time I can grab you lunch

Comment

Iblfnr

Comment

Working...
                      X