what would you do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
    The 351W should be a 28 oz balancer. The flywheel should also be a 28.

Not real sure it will make a difference since you did not have the motor balanced to begin with. New parts, different weights of everything, etc. Thats why you ALWAYS balance a motor when you rebuild it.

If it really is a balance issue, I would stop running that motor before you do some real damage, if it has not already happened.

If I am not mistaken, didn't you have True Street do the motor? Maybe call them?
    We did not build the motor, we installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
      We did not install pistons and crank bit assembled everything else and billed me for "motor build" and "engine assembly" but it's not our fault
      Good to know

Comment

I know you said higher RPM, but have you verified that it's not speed related. As in, duplicate the vibration and kill the motor and see if it persists.

IF it is vibration from the drivetrain, You'd better get it fixed fast or you'll ruin what ever parts you do have and then they won't be worth anything.

Comment

pilot bushing............
          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
            Originally Posted by Blackpony
            We did not install pistons and crank bit assembled everything else and billed me for "motor build" and "engine assembly" but it's not our fault
            Good to know
            Good to know
            so let me get this straight, you brought them an ASSEMBLED short block (i.e. pistons, rods, crank installed in a block), and it is somehow their fault that it isn't balanced because they installed the heads, cam, covers, intake, etc.

i am willing to bet there is WAY more to this story then that. i've never dealt directly with the company you are blasting, but i know the owner and i can assure you he'd never suggest/promote a non-balanced rotating assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
              The 351W should be a 28 oz balancer. The flywheel should also be a 28.

Not real sure it will make a difference since you did not have the motor balanced to begin with. New parts, different weights of everything, etc. Thats why you ALWAYS balance a motor when you rebuild it.

If it really is a balance issue, I would stop running that motor before you do some real damage, if it has not already happened.

If I am not mistaken, didn't you have True Street do the motor? Maybe call them?
              I know. I found out after the motor was in the car it wasn't balanced. My fault
              Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
              My guess is that your vibration is not coming from internal parts of the shortblock, but instead from a supporting part. Don't give up on it, keep searching until you find the problem & fix it. You'll be glad that you did.........and be really pissed if you put another engine in and have the same problem only to discover it to be a simple issue like a worn motor mount
              i had hope if it being something different but I've been at this since may and just plum exhausted on trying to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                so let me get this straight, you brought them an ASSEMBLED short block (i.e. pistons, rods, crank installed in a block), and it is somehow their fault that it isn't balanced because they installed the heads, cam, covers, intake, etc.

i am willing to bet there is WAY more to this story then that. i've never dealt directly with the company you are blasting, but i know the owner and i can assure you he'd never suggest/promote a non-balanced rotating assembly.
                Please delete this. I don't want go into it with all the details. Don't drag it all out please

Comment

Please delete this. I don't want go into it with all the details. Don't drag it all out please
                  woah, not trying to be a dick, but you were the one who blasted the shop, i'm just calling a spade a spade

Comment

woah, not trying to be a dick, but you were the one who blasted the shop, i'm just calling a spade a spade
                    No. Toby hadn't said 2 shits to me or around me since I got my car back and he felt the need to come in here and defend his shop when someone only asked where it was built. I could have answered it. I hadn't said anything since may and I'm not going to now. I said enough for him to leave me alone. If he wants to engage in exchanging facts that's on them, but I'm not going to start throwing shit around 6 months later.

Comment

i don't even know all the background, just find it strange that you edited his quote that said "we did not build the motor" and basically changed it to read "we did not build the short block".

My point was that either way it would not be their issue if the motor wasn't balanced. It's not like you can spin a motor over on an engine stand and tell that it isn't properly balanced, it is the fault of who ever built the short block or who ever told the person building the short block not to balance the rotating assembly.

Comment

i don't even know all the background, just find it strange that you edited his quote that said "we did not build the motor" and basically changed it to read "we did not build the short block".

My point was that either way it would not be their issue if the motor wasn't balanced. It's not like you can spin a motor over on an engine stand and tell that it isn't properly balanced, it is the fault of who ever built the short block or who ever told the person building the short block not to balance the rotating assembly.
                        My first post in here after the original text says this is my fault. Just leave it at that.

Comment

I told you I thought it was drivetrain related. Had the same problem with my 93. Put a new trans in it and problem fixed.
                          95 Lightning #1155/2280 - SOLD
                          93 Coupe - SOLD
                          13 5.0 F150 RCSB -DD
                          86 LX hatch - current money pit

Comment

Originally posted by AIFOX View Post
                            I told you I thought it was drivetrain related. Had the same problem with my 93. Put a new trans in it and problem fixed.
                            Who is this?

Comment

Originally posted by AIFOX View Post
                              This is a good point, I kept breaking trans tailshafts only to find out my DS wasnt balanced
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              And while his kidney stones pass,
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

have you checked the driveshaft bolts ? Worth a look.
                                Vortex rear stand $75
                                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                                11 4 door
                                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X