97 eclipse wont start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 eclipse wont start.

Car is a 97 2.0 non turbo. It's a neighbors car that had it towed and asked for help. No current check engine light codes are present, but the battery is dead as a door nail, so they may have cleared. Ive had my car hooked up to it with jumper cables to be able to turn the car over, it cranks fine just won't fire. Will not start with starter fluid, and you can hear the fuel pump prime. The check engine light stays on while cranking and the tach doesn't register any rpm while it's turning over. All of this leads me to believe it's the crank sensor.

Anything else to check?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

start checkin fuses
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Sound like its got compression? i'd pull that timing cover back and verify the belt isn't broke. Then check all fuses. It "should" log a code if a cam or crank sensor malfunctions. You can test the sensors/coil etc with a ohmmeter.
      BTW if the belt is broke, give it up, that POS is an interference motor.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
        Sound like its got compression? i'd pull that timing cover back and verify the belt isn't broke. Then check all fuses. It "should" log a code if a cam or crank sensor malfunctions. You can test the sensors/coil etc with a ohmmeter.
        BTW if the belt is broke, give it up, that POS is an interference motor.
        There is a reason you dont see those cars on the road anymore
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        And while his kidney stones pass,
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Yep, major pile of junk..

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
            There is a reason you dont see those cars on the road anymore
            I have had two. One 1991 that made 367 on 17 PSI and one that made 350 on 16 PSI (FWD).

I had no problem with either one of them and they pulled like a freight train under boost!

Comment

It's got compression for sure. It tries to start with starter fluid, just won't.

It was running fine and kept having issues when it would get warm.. He replaced the CAm sensor and it didn't fix anything.

Given that information, I think it's the crank sensor.. I told him to buy the battery and sensor and I'll put it on for free of charge.

It's a pile too, has some real asshole of a race seat in it.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Feed the mices and whip them back to work

Comment

Working...
                X