Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cracked ponies? (In need of 4lug 16inchers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked ponies? (In need of 4lug 16inchers)

So I went to put my front runners on, and I'll be damned if the spoke of my chrome pony isn't cracked all the way through. I noticed it in the chrome, and flipped the wheel over to see the spoke is only being held into place by the outside edge, it's cracked all the way through. Got to looking around and one of my rear wheels is cracked all the way around the hub, in a complete circle.

Wtf? How does this happen? Haven't hit or ran over anything.

So I need some wheels in a bad way, I'm off work tomorrow. If any of you guys have any 16 inch 4 lug wheels, let me know. PM me please.

I don't need tires so if the wheels are bare, no problem.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

I got some stock grey ponys with chrome centercaps. PM me for price
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

you need to replace them asap!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
        I got some stock grey ponys with chrome centercaps. PM me for price
        Pm sent

Comment

that sounds dangerous. I hope you find some wheels asap.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I've got a set of Turbocoupe wheels. They are 4 lug, and 16"

Comment

Wtf? How does this happen? Haven't hit or ran over anything.
              Couldn't be all the abuse you put them through, racing...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                Couldn't be all the abuse you put them through, racing...
                I don't race on the ponys often. But I wouldn't think that would cause them to crack.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  I don't race on the ponys often. But I wouldn't think that would cause them to crack.
                  Common sense would tell most people that
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Common sense would tell most people that
                    Common sense would also tell most people that cracks are caused by stressing the metal. Racing puts stress on them outside of normal stress level's the wheels were designed to take...
                    What is your common sense reason for them cracking?
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                      Common sense would also tell most people that cracks are caused by stressing the metal. Racing puts stress on them outside of normal stress level's the wheels were designed to take...
                      What is your common sense reason for them cracking?
                      As many races as the guys posts up & how often he races the car. It doesnt suprise me there cracking. I just hope he has the TQ boxes welded up. Also I really doubt common sense would tell you to think. The metal being stressed causing them to crack & which again I wonder what would cause the metal to be stressed dropping to 2nd gear at 50 or doing dig races on some old ass ponys which in turn common sense would make you think. FROM RACING
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

As many races as the guys posts up & how often he races the car. It doesnt suprise me there cracking. I just hope he has the TQ boxes welded up. Also I really doubt common sense would tell you to think. The metal being stressed causing them to crack & which again I wonder what would cause the metal to be stressed dropping to 2nd gear at 50 or doing dig races on some old ass ponys which in turn common sense would make you think. FROM RACING
                        So, front wheels become stressed from "racing".. Dude it sees 115mph at the most.

2xx rwhp on 245/50s will cause the hub to crack out of the center of the rear wheels?

I don't feel like that is what caused this issue. And yes my torque boxes are welded up, yes I have sub frame connectors and yes I have common sense.

Comment

20+yo. wheels and as many heat cycles as they have seen from the brakes heating them up probably had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            20+yo. wheels and as many heat cycles as they have seen from the brakes heating them up probably had something to do with it.
                            They're replicas, I believe. No quite 20 years old, but I agree with you.

Maybe it's the corners I've been taking? Lol

Comment

Did I say Mike didnt have common sense? No I said common sense would tell you that. I also call BS on only taking it over 100 mph a couple times
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                              X