Miata owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miata owners?

Anyone seen this or have any ideas for my next round of trouble shooting?

I just picked up a 95 miata for some AutoX action, and one of the headlights is giving me a hard time.

The driver's headlight will not raise up when I press the headlight switch on the dash or when I turn the stalk switch to the on position. Passenger headlight flips up and down like normal.

First idea was motor, but if I manually put the light up, the motor will kick in and pop the light up while I am in the process of manually raiding it, and work fine. When I lower the lights, they both retract just fine, but then only the one will go back up.

The manual knob says to turn clockwise, however as soon as I start turning, the motor fights me and won't let it turn. If I turn counter clockwise with the lights "down" then it gets about halfway through a rotation, flips all the way up, then slams back down.

With the lights "up" it will let me turn it counter clockwise and raise the light all the way up. When I put the lights "down" it lowers both lights perfectly, but then the driver's side won't go back up and I have to manually it up with the knob.

The motor is working fine and the switch is letting it go down fine, it just won't come up. There is no noise being made from the driver's light when the button is pressed, and I cleared the area of any obstructions, so there is nothing physically keeping the light down, nor is it even trying to come up.
    01 Turbo Miata
    96 4x4 Suburban
Working...
X