Mach 1 worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    I didn't buy it as an investment, but if I plan to keep it as low mileage and stock as possible it might be worth something in 30 years. I have plenty of other "investments" Thanks.
    Then quit thinking of it as an investment. Enjoy it. If you want a fast car mod it. If you want a stock car keepnit stock. I don't see what's so hard about this. Its just a Mach 1 its not that special.
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

a '68 gt500 cost about $4500 when new. Today in great shape it would be worth about $110k. A great investment right?

That same $4500 invested in the stock market in 1968 would be worth $800,000 dollars today.......

Plus the car needed storage, maintenance, and fuel for 40 years while it was appreciating.

Even cars that appreciate are horrible investments.

HAVE FUN WITH IT - whatever that means to you.... Assume it will be worth $500 in scrap metal when you are ready to sell.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
      I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Comment

Originally posted by '90Vert View Post
        a '68 gt500 cost about $4500 when new. Today in great shape it would be worth about $110k. A great investment right?

That same $4500 invested in the stock market in 1968 would be worth $800,000 dollars today.......

Plus the car needed storage, maintenance, and fuel for 40 years while it was appreciating.

Even cars that appreciate are horrible investments.

HAVE FUN WITH IT - whatever that means to you.... Assume it will be worth $500 in scrap metal when you are ready to sell.
        There were cars that cost similar to that that are now worth ~1mil. Make a poor example about the overly obvious and others can do the same. Just sayin'

Personally I don't think the Machs will appreciate as much as an 03/04 Cobra or 93 Cobra. They didn't seem to have near the following and Mustangs of that period just weren't as popular with young people the way the original Mustangs or fox era Mustangs were with the people growing up when they were new. There won't be as many buyers for something like a Mach in the future as there are 60's muscle cars now. I'm not saying there won't be any demand, but cars like Supras and Evos will be brininging the big bucks down the road.
        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
          There were cars that cost similar to that that are now worth ~1mil. Make a poor example about the overly obvious and others can do the same. Just sayin'

Personally I don't think the Machs will appreciate as much as an 03/04 Cobra or 93 Cobra. They didn't seem to have near the following and Mustangs of that period just weren't as popular with young people the way the original Mustangs or fox era Mustangs were with the people growing up when they were new. There won't be as many buyers for something like a Mach in the future as there are 60's muscle cars now. I'm not saying there won't be any demand, but cars like Supras and Evos will be brininging the big bucks down the road.

It makes a perfect example - The cash is worth 800K - almost $1 million. So the best appreciation possible from a car is worth the average investment in stocks.... Best car barley beats average stock. That is pretty clear. Want to compare the highest appreciating cars to the best appreciating stocks.....

Cars are not investments. Ever.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
          I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Comment

The sad thing is that it is just a production car and not an svt. still cool though the living legends cars will bring more than you would think in the future, but why leave it stock? They are not that much fun to drive, that 4v is smooth but no blower no fun.

Comment

It will be worth a lot of money in 40+ years if it's still a 4000-mile original in assembly line condition.

So what? It's just a car. There's a good chance everyone in this thread will be dead and gone in 40 years, including you, so have some fun with it. Or sell it and let someone else worry about what to do with it.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                It will be worth a lot of money in 40+ years if it's still a 4000-mile original in assembly line condition.

So what? It's just a car. There's a good chance everyone in this thread will be dead and gone in 40 years, including you, so have some fun with it. Or sell it and let someone else worry about what to do with it.
                Perhaps you're right, but with as sturated as the Mustang market is with special editions, and the fact that production numbers are far greater than they were 40 years ago, I don't see these cars bringing in big numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Perhaps you're right, but with as sturated as the Mustang market is with special editions, and the fact that production numbers are far greater than they were 40 years ago, I don't see these cars bringing in big numbers.
                  They said the same thing about 383 and 440 (4 bbl) Challenger RTs and Cudas. Common and mundane at the time, theyre pretty desirable today. Imagine what an unrestored 4000 mile original would go for now.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                  X