Mach 1 worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mach 1 worth

What is an 03/04 Mach 1 going to be worth in 20 years? Dumb question I know. Do you think it will hold the same value as a classic special edition Mustang fetches today? The reason I ask is that I'm torn between keeping it a garage sitter with low miles and stock, or start modding it. Currently as it sits it has almost 4k miles on it with only an aftermarket exhaust, other than that it's bone stock. Looking at every nook and cranny including the under carriage looks like it came right off the assembly line. I only drive it 6 months out of the year never rain and the other 6 it sits in a heated garage under a cover. I really want to throw a turbo or blower on it, but then on the other hand I kind of want to keep it stock and low mileage as a collector.

Have fun with it, keep all stock parts to sell as "stock"

Comment

Keep it stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Have fun with it, keep all stock parts to sell as "stock"
        Yeah I could see that with bolt-ons, but once I crack the heads, I feel that it might lose that "Stock" feeling. And I still have the stock exhaust, I put that on in the Spring.

Comment

Just look and see what a 93 Cobra with 4k miles goes for and deduct 20-30% as they arent as Mach 1 isnt as rare as the old Cobra's were.

I honestly would just enjoy the car and not worry what its worth later

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            Just look and see what a 93 Cobra with 4k miles goes for and deduct 20-30% as they arent as Mach 1 isnt as rare as the old Cobra's were.

I honestly would just enjoy the car and not worry what its worth later
            If I had bought it with more miles I wouldn't be as concerned about value, but I would kick myself if it came to be what a classic is worth now. My mistake was buying something that was taken such good care of and low miles, and now I feel I should carry that on for the future. Kind of weird sounding about a car, I know. lol

Comment

I didn't leave mine stock as it has been used as a daily driver since it was new. Nonetheless it still only has 70K on the odometer.

Comment

Enjoy the car...bet this guy wish he had

1994 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Pace Car

Lot No. 641
                < PREV LOTNEXT LOT >
                High Bid of $ 23,000

For 1994 the Ford Mustang underwent a redesign meant to address the shortcomings that had been found over time in the previous car’s vaunted Fox platform. The superior revamp caught the attention of the Indy 500 selection committee and the 94 Mustang made the cut to become the pace car.

Starting life as a convertible SVT Cobra, this Mustang would already rate among the rarest of 94 Mustangs. Adding the Pace Car edition to its pedigree only makes it that much more uncommon and desirable.

Furthermore, out of the one thousand Mustang pace cars assembled for 1994 this one surely stands out from all of the rest being that only 24 miles are registered on the odometer.

The condition of this Mustang cannot be overstated. Driving 24 miles in eighteen years combined with climate controlled storage has ensured that remains today just as it did when it was first delivered. Moreover, it is still under the original MSO and has never been titled. The limited edition pace car package combined with the outstanding equipment of a Cobra SVT convertible wrapped in such ultra-low mileage make this museum perfect piece a unique opportunity.

Comment

Yeah see, that's what I'm afraid of. The current Mustangs aren't quite what the classic ones were. However, it's also not 40+ years in the future either. lol. Oh well.

Comment

Mod it but not crazy. Supporting mods like exhaust ,shifter ,gears , CAI, under drive pullies, Tune. I wouldn't touch it pass that .

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                      Mod it but not crazy. Supporting mods like exhaust ,shifter ,gears , CAI, under drive pullies, Tune. I wouldn't touch it pass that.
                      I would agree with all of the above, if he decides to mod, except for the UD pullies.

Comment

Install a p1SC Procharger and long tubes. Make 460rwhp and enjoy the shit out of it, pull it all off and sell it when ready.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

You buy cars to drive them. If you bought a car as an investment, you are a horrible financial planner.

Comment

Originally posted by kennybo View Post
                            You buy cars to drive them. If you bought a car as an investment, you are a horrible financial planner.
                            I didn't buy it as an investment, but if I plan to keep it as low mileage and stock as possible it might be worth something in 30 years. I have plenty of other "investments" Thanks.

Comment

I once read, "not driving your car to keep from putting miles on it is like saving your girl for the next guy"!

It's not gonna be worth anything in 20 years.
                              Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Working...
                              X