2007 Tahoe TPS issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Tahoe TPS issues

I seem to remember reading that cleaning the throttle body on the Tahoe/Truck was a fix to the TPS issue.

CEL is on, I took it to O'Reillys who pulled the code & said it was the TPS, but their printer was down & they couldn't print off the code/report.

Vehicle runs fine, then it will act up & stumble. The wife drives it- I've never had the symptom replicate when I drive it, she just reports it to me.

Anyone experience these issues, done the fix??
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

About 90% of the time gm tps issues are either harness or ECM problems. Get the codes re read.

Comment

How many miles?

If it has a lot, its probably pretty gunked up with oil by now, even taking it off and cleaning it up should help(if its whats wrong). Luckily stock TBs can be had cheap, $50-100(for a new takeoff) on ebay. I bought a stocker off there and ported it a few months back.

Comment

If It's drive by wire It's very likely the harness going into the electronic throttle body.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          If It's drive by wire It's very likely the harness going into the electronic throttle body.
          Yes it is, but they do still get pretty junked up with high miles and can affect the opening of the blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
            Yes it is, but they do still get pretty junked up with high miles and can affect the opening of the blade.
            It's the closing of the blade that sends the ECM into skitz mode.

Just make sure there is no gunk on the surfaces that the blade closes on.

Comment

100K miles, got the code pulled again tonight, P0121

I pulled the throttle body off, and the backside needed cleaning for sure, as well as the blade edge.

Will it relearn on its own, or should I follow the instructions I've seen elsewhere talking about start, leave in park 3 min, shut off 60 sec, start again /leave in park for 3 minutes?
              Last edited by barronj; 11-17-2012, 05:06 PM.
              Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

update

I pulled the throttle body off, cleaned it, and disconnected the battery. Held the cables together as well to discharge any capacitor.

It revved up a little at first, whenever it was in neutral or park, but after a few days, it relearned, and works perfectly now.

Thought I would update the thread.

Comment

Working...
                X