curious about switching intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curious about switching intakes

my 302 has a victor 5.0 intake and i was advised it really was two big of an intake with my heads http://www.brodix.com/heads/st.html and trick flow.

any thoughts on which intake may be better suited or is this one fine? anyone interested in trade plus cash? let me know

Intake

Run a dual plane.......It will give you better low end torque as well as high end power.....A single plane with tall runners like that will kill your tq.... You need to have a pretty well modified 302 to run a intake like that..... At least a 306 with good flowing heads and a cam. Back in 2000 I had Ford Performance Solutions build me a 306 with Fully forged internals a really big cam 250 dur. and over 600 lift with a set of Canifields 202/194 and 1:6rr, long tubes, h-pipe and super 40's with dumps..... It was a low 12 sec car on motor.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK91 View Post
      Run a dual plane.......It will give you better low end torque as well as high end power.....A single plane with tall runners like that will kill your tq.... You need to have a pretty well modified 302 to run a intake like that..... At least a 306 with good flowing heads and a cam. Back in 2000 I had Ford Performance Solutions build me a 306 with Fully forged internals a really big cam 250 dur. and over 600 lift with a set of Canifields 202/194 and 1:6rr, long tubes, h-pipe and super 40's with dumps..... It was a low 12 sec car on motor.
      like which one?

Comment

Weiand if your cheap
        RPM AirGap if your not
        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

put a rpm II on it and dont look back
          81 LX
          82 GT

Comment

Originally posted by junk racing View Post
            Agree if its injected . Is it carbed or injected ?
            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

This is a good choice for your combo in efi trim.

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                Weiand if your cheap
                RPM AirGap if your not
                hey im cheap and i got a rpm airgap

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                  Agree if its injected . Is it carbed or injected ?
                  injected

Comment

done. anybody have one they want to sell or trade or does anyone want to buy my victor 5.0 intake so i can more easily but said intake?

Comment

I have a performer 5.0 If you want to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by sickpony View Post
                        I have a performer 5.0 If you want to try it.
                        what you think as far as my set up? heads listed above first post, stage 1 trick flow cam (baby cam) and all the other shit you mod on these cars but it is still a 302

Comment

what kind of rpms does your car see?

Comment

Originally posted by sickpony View Post
                            what kind of rpms does your car see?
                            never fucking driven it. bought it hurt. been in shop ever since. its ready now but the guys at the shop were the guy mentioning the intake i had was too big. motor isnt built. its a fresh 97 explorer short block so what ever they turn to? 6000? 5500? i dont know what they redline at and i havent had it dyno'd yet(will this weekend i hope) so i dont know when it stops making power. i'd like to give your intake a shot though

Comment

what size throttle body are you running? I am just getting into the whole see what my car likes thing as far as intakes go. Let me know if you decide to sell or swap yours. i am looking for something with a larger inlet as mine is matched to a 65mm throttle body pretty well I am looking to go bigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X