spacers on rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spacers on rims

I have a 85 gt 5 lug setup rear drum purchased rims off 2006 gt what type of spacers do i need to user back tires are up againt back .......

It's about a 1.5" spacer. You will need some of those thick billet spacers not the cheap ones at Autozone.

Comment

I picked up some 1.25" hubcentrics off of ebay for my car a while back.. they're good quality and were $60 I think. That's what I'd go with, though you may need 1.5's.

Comment

I have two pairs of 1.5 spacers. Pm me if interested.
        sigpic

Comment

Are you guys not scared as hell running around on spacers?

Id be afraid to drive my car haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post

Lower powered cars not so much, make decent power then very much so. Ran them on my 97gt, made 330 rwhp, didn't run them on my 98 with 655rwhp

Comment

I've had 1.5" hubcentric from M&M for over 10 years on my 2000GT. It has seen track time at a hand full of road courses and MANY MILES on various autocross courses. I agree w/ David, if only anecdotally. High power, no way, otherwise, be sure to use some good thread lock compound on the nuts bolting the spacer to your hub. I too have an extra set if the deal above falls through. M&M I believe.
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post

I run them on my 05 sport trac due to having 2010 Limited 18" wheels on it. Never once had an issue even when loaded down with stuff in the bed like a 55 gallon drum or a couple of big galvanized tubs full of soil.

Comment

The difference is that the 1.5" spacers bolt to th lug studs then the wheel bolts to the spacer. I would never use the ones that just slip on and are wedged between the wheel and hub.

Comment

I strongly recommend that you only tighten them by hand.with a torque wrench, you can ease them up with an impact, but don't tighten them. The heavy torgue from the impact can split the aluminum around the stud causing failure.

Comment

Working...
                    X