Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Place to Weigh your car in Ft Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Place to Weigh your car in Ft Worth?

Where are some of the places you can weigh your car at in fort worth??
    GOPR0198 by larrychance88

be nice to find something that could weigh each corner and tell you how balanced the car is.

Plan B might be to take to one of those stone/rock sellers. I was at one in Weatherford and they weigh your car, then you load up with stone and then do another weigh in to get the weight of the stone you will be paying for. I wasn't in my stang but I paid $70 and got a shit load of stone. I'm thinking you slip them a $20 and they would weigh your ride. Don't know how accurate they would be calibrated since all they are after is the difference.
    12 GT Prem, 6MT, Brembo pkg, 3.73's, Lava Red Metallic.

Comment

I went to a pilot truck stop and weighed it. Lol

Comment

Texas motorplex, I weighed my lightning there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
          Texas motorplex, I weighed my lightning there.
          Wheres that?

Comment

I've weighed my car at the truck stop off of Everman Pkwy when we were in the area. I believe you can also weight it at the Pilot off 35 just a couple exits north of my shop

Comment

You can weigh in at any of the scrap yards in North Fort worth - some of them even have visible scales, drive on - look at the scale, drive off.

Comment

Lol. This was like at midnight and was bored. Scrap yards arent open that late. And Matt thats were i went is that Pilot off 35. They wanted $10

Comment

Got any local small town elevators? Coops?

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                    You can weigh in at any of the scrap yards in North Fort worth - some of them even have visible scales, drive on - look at the scale, drive off.
                    Where in N Ft Worth? are there any that dont require off-roading to get to them?
                    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

I would like to weigh my car, too, but I'm in the Rockwall area. Any suggestions? How accurate are the scales at "weigh-stations" and rock yards?

Comment

I know the weight station at the truck stop claimed to be within 20 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
                          Where in N Ft Worth? are there any that dont require off-roading to get to them?
                          All of the scrap yards are on a side street that runs parallel to main street, somewhere around 24th street.

The one I go to, can't remember the name, is one of the bigger ones - It's scale is right when you turn in the gate, all concrete to and from the scale.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                            All of the scrap yards are on a side street that runs parallel to main street, somewhere around 24th street.

The one I go to, can't remember the name, is one of the bigger ones - It's scale is right when you turn in the gate, all concrete to and from the scale.
                            The one with all the metal sculptures? lol. How accurate is that scale? I drove my 84 SWB on there and it said it was around 4000lbs. I thought these truck weighed more that.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
                              The one with all the metal sculptures? lol. How accurate is that scale? I drove my 84 SWB on there and it said it was around 4000lbs. I thought these truck weighed more that.. lol
                              They have to be accurate, as the state checks them periodically. There's weigh certificates on the walls inside...

Comment

Working...
                              X