2000 Jetta VR6 CPS Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Jetta VR6 CPS Question.

Is there one or 2? I have a code for my car that says either crank or cam sensor. Autozone said there are 2 cps and one crank. I can't find a freaking thing on the web showing a second location for a cps on my car. Anyone know if there is a second location? Sorry hate to sound stupid. But I replaced the only cps I can find. CEL was cleared and came back on. It can't be the crank cause the car wouldn't stay running..............right?

Thanks for any and all help in advance.

Only one cam position sensor.

Does the cel say they're not aligned or that both have errors? It's rare that both would be bad at the same time.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Comment

Originally posted by RCITNet View Post
      Only one cam position sensor.
      [url]

Does the cel say they're not aligned or that both have errors? It's rare that both would be bad at the same time.

Kinda confused when there is one, but the codes you speak of refer to there being two. As far as the engine performs, car doesn't shake and runs smooth. Outside the car at night sounds like it has a mis, kinda loud for a stock vehicle.

Comment

You have the CAM sensor and the crank sensor. They will both throw a code if they're not in sync. That's normally caused by the chain guides failing and there being slack in the timing chain.

Comment

Working...
        X