2000 GT motor swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 GT motor swap

I just purchased a 2000 GT with a blown motor. I dont think I want to go back with the same type of 4.6, because I think for right around the same money I can do a swap and make more power. My question is what is the best Ford motor swap for the money? Thanks for any help and advise in advance!

Flathead.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You are on the wrong site for this. Might I suggest http://mustangforums.com/forum/.

You really have a couple of options. On a budget, you can swap in the 32V 4.6L out of a Mark VIII and pick up some HP, or you can go 5.4L and gain 30 extra ftlbs of torque.

For a bit more you can get a C headed 4.6L out of a 99+ cobra, or a 5.4L DOHC.

I would go with the Mark VIII motor. They were rated at 290HP factory and have much more potential than the 2V engines.

Comment

From what I have herd the block itself can hold 1000hp but the internals suck. Go buy some TF heads and send the block to Kim Barr to have him blue print and balance some forged internals, add power adder and done. Oh buy a new tranny wile your at it. I Have an 00 GT and it is holding up so far, but I haven't added my V1 yet;-)

Comment

LS juan!!

How much power do you want to make and what is the budget?
          De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Budget is pretty much what it would cost to fix it back stock, give or take. I've never done anything with mod motors so a lot of it is new to me. Are all of the motors previously mentioned a straight forward, plug and play swap? I realize something's will need modded, I just don't have the time or place to get into a major deal. I like the idea of 5.4 or a 03-04 cobra motor. Is that reasonable or am I dreaming?

Comment

I've done tons of 4v swaps Find you a used Mach1 motor if you are on a budget
              Call Lkq

If your a baller go with a 2003-4 cobra set up

Comment

Another cheap(ish) alternative is the 3V swap. The one I saw was very very clean and made good power for what he had in it.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  Another cheap(ish) alternative is the 3V swap. The one I saw was very very clean and made good power for what he had in it.
                  link?

Comment

Quad turbo ls9/6l90e/gforce 9" irs and a pony.

4.8/5.3ls on da cheap
                    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                      link?
                      danny posted it, I can't find it off-hand. BBR cams, LTs, JLT and made 340-350 tire and sounded nasty!
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        danny posted it, I can't find it off-hand. BBR cams, LTs, JLT and made 340-350 tire and sounded nasty!
                        I'll check it out

Comment

Doing a 4v swap is there anything I will need other than the motor? Or does everything work as it should?

Comment

Just make sure the v-tec solenoid is hooked up and you should be fine.
                            Ded

Comment

That is a very minor issue. Blinker fluid is the most important. Do not attempt the project until you have that done
                              Originally posted by Buzzo
                              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X