95 Mustang GT Alt cutting in & out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Mustang GT Alt cutting in & out

Well yesterday last night driving back to Garland from my place in Royse City the Alt would start cutting in & out as soon as I exited off the Hwy, As soon as I would start driving it would jump back on & then cut back off at a stop & then back on

Im guessing I need a new Alt, But dont want to start just throwing money at the problem just yet. Any ideas on what I should check for.

This is the car
    Last edited by SEB; 03-18-2014, 02:33 PM.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Maybe the ALT grounding out somewhere? I would say to disconnect the battery while the car is running at idle...and if the car dies, then the alternator is bad, but some people are biased to this as it (could) damage some electronics. I've always done this but and have yet to damage anything.

Comment

Check the battery cables. My truck did something similar.. ended up being the Damn positive battery cable. I'm just glad I didn't throw $ at it.

Comment

Sounds like a cable losing connection.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Comment

Long shot but check the brown wire with a yellow stripe going into the coil. Mine would work itself loose and kill the car going down the road.

Comment

02GreyGT hit the nail on the head. Thanks guys. I notice at night when the headlights on at a stoplight and AC going the Battery gauge drops really low and dims the interior dash lights
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            And while his kidney stones pass,
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
            X