cutting holes in the bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting holes in the bumper

Has anyone had to cut the front bumper to get air to the intercooler?

My airflow needs to go right through the bumper support and cover. I can get the support how I need it, but is there anything to buy to make the bumper not look soooo bad? What Have you guys done or has anyone else had to do this.

Thanks,
    Kevin

88 turbo lx hatch support/bumper removed.

Ded

Comment

i'm sorry but that looks like crap. At least cut a rectangle and perhaps mounts some mesh over it. Maybe even mimic the lines of the factory grille above it.

or leave the bumper alone and add a meth kit.

Comment

ducting works wonders, then you don't need a hole
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          ducting works wonders, then you don't need a hole
          are you talking about ducting under the bumper kinda like a ram-air to the inter cooler? Thats a good idea I really dont want to cut the bumper but Im running out of time FFW is the weekend. Should have left it alone and sprayed more but I really want a 10.0 and didnt think I would get there without breaking something.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
            are you talking about ducting under the bumper kinda like a ram-air to the inter cooler? Thats a good idea I really dont want to cut the bumper but Im running out of time FFW is the weekend. Should have left it alone and sprayed more but I really want a 10.0 and didnt think I would get there without breaking something.

Kevin
            yeah pretty much, sealing off the intercooler with some duct work is great.

The c5 vette pulls all of it's rad/condenser air from under the car with a lip, same with the 4th gen f-bodys.

Adding some duct work to my turbo miata's intercooler dropped the IAT's by 70degrees Fahrenheit (insane)

I am moving this thread to the garage.
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Meh, my car wasn't out to win shows and the iat's dropped considerably. Btw, the intercooler was ducted well and the holes alone made a 20-25deg difference. Ended up making more than most people thought it could with a stock block before letting go.
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                88 turbo lx hatch support/bumper removed.

[pic]
                did you even bother to lay those holes out? lol looks like my grandmother did that!
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Your grandmother did deez nutz !
                  Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
                  03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Originally posted by 03shadow4v View Post
                    Your grandmother did deez nutz !
                    I literally LOL'ed!!

sent from an htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
                    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I never liked the looks of it, and i wouldnt do it. Id do a nitrous spray bar before i cut holes in the bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        did you even bother to lay those holes out? lol looks like my grandmother did that!

Didn't do it for looks and the bumper was already fucked from the plate being ripped off.
                        Last edited by VaderTT; 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM.
                        Ded

Comment

Last edited by d1tko; 09-22-2015, 07:44 PM.
                          Originally posted by BoostedGT
                          I got one of them POS x275 88mm's sitting on the work bench. Come get it.
                          Originally posted by bigminz
                          Hell no. Have you seen most of these cars up close? Death traps at those speeds.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X