Question for the Coyote guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Coyote guys

Who here has mods on their 5.0's and who tuned yours? How many miles have you been tuned and do you have any probs?

I want to get a CAI/Tune for the Boss, but I'm scared of it breaking while in Germany.
    2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
    www.militarystangs.com

Go to HPP. I've had it tuned for most of the 4k miles on the car and not a problem with it.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

i have an email tune from BBR and haven't had any problems. even ran it at the track on a 100+ degree day at the height of the "broken #8" hysteria that had gripped the internet. no issues.
      2011 Mustang GT
      sigpic

Comment

Originally modified and tuned by Gearheads, nothing but problems with them. Went to TrueStreet, 100% satisfied.
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

MIne's been tuned for over 20,000 miles, first with an email tune from VMP, then a custom tune from GH. I have an appointment with TS in 2 weeks for a new tune though. No real issues, just like to see what's out there.

Comment

Lund tune for 10K miles. Will be a True Street tune in about 3 weeks when I they put my LTs in.
            2012 GT/CS & 93 Cobra
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phuck Phace View Post
              Lund tune for 10K miles. Will be a True Street tune in about 3 weeks when I they put my LTs in.
              It will still be a slow v-6 with fake cams.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                It will still be a slow v-6 with fake cams.
                Shit, Hopefully I will be whippled next year son.
                2012 GT/CS & 93 Cobra
                sigpic

Comment

Shit, Hopefully I will be whippled next year son.
                  I'll whip your whippled v-6 son. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                    I'll whip your whippled v-6 son. lol
                    Joke all you want, I will never put 5.0 emblems on. PS my brakes are bigger, beotch!
                    2012 GT/CS & 93 Cobra
                    sigpic

Comment

Joke all you want, I will never put 5.0 emblems on. PS my brakes are bigger, beotch!
                      I doubt it. I got 14" in the front and 13" in the rear.

Comment

I ordered the Steeda CAI and Tuner from Steeda. Hopefully will be here next week for me to install. Haven't heard anything bad about the Steeda tunes, and 0 #8 issues unlike some other email tuners...
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                          I ordered the Steeda CAI and Tuner from Steeda. Hopefully will be here next week for me to install. Haven't heard anything bad about the Steeda tunes, and 0 #8 issues unlike some other email tuners...
                          The #8 issue has been resolved for quite some time now. Haven't really heard of any '12's with it. That was early on after the Coyote first came out.

Comment

25k miles and counting btw on the 2012
                            Detailing by Dylan
                            817-494-3396
                            Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                            Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Ran a bama tune for 10k miles, just added LT's and had Gear Heads tweak the tune to get it emissions compliant. Only 400 miles on the Gear Heads tune and no p0420 or p0320's anymore. laid down 421.15rwhp on a 93 degree day with very high humidity.

I'm expecting to get another 10rwhp with more favorable conditions as the following dyno correction calculator suggests that my rwhp would have been 431.67 with more favorable conditions.

12 GT Prem, 6MT, Brembo pkg, 3.73's, Lava Red Metallic.

Comment

Working...
                              X