Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resurfacing Slotted Rotors

Hey there,

I have the 14" slotted rotors on my Saleen and I'm trying to find a place to resurface them. The car has 12,000 miles and the brakes are not warped but my brake pad on the right rotor wore down and caused some scratching to the surface (they are not deep scratches). I replaced the pads on Friday however the dealership told me they did not have the equipment to resurface slotted rotors.

Does anyone know where I can get this rotor resurfaced? As always, I appreciate the help.

I belive you just resurface them like any other but the blades on the lathe take a beating.

Comment

They resurface just like any other rotor. Just have them turn them at their slowest speed.

Comment

Yep, not a problem, I've machines several sets of drilled and slotted rotor, just tell them to make small cuts at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Armedtrigger01 View Post
          I belive you just resurface them like any other but the blades on the lathe take a beating.
          Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
          They resurface just like any other rotor. Just have them turn them at their slowest speed.
          Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          Yep, not a problem, I've machines several sets of drilled and slotted rotor, just tell them to make small cuts at a time.
          Thanks for the input. Do you have any shops you recommend taking it?

Comment

Mine, but doubt you'll make the hike Whitesboro

Comment

I used to do my own at the dealership... Oriellys have done a set for me. But I knew the guys there well.

Comment

I'm in north Arlington
                The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

I'm in Arlington near Arkansas and Cooper.

Comment

That happened to a set of power slots I had before. I was told to throw new pads on it and see if it would grind down with use. Sure enough after a few miles you couldn't tell anything was ever wrong with it.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Comment

Working...
                    X