Which would you do (aftermarket fuel system fittings) -with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you do (aftermarket fuel system fittings) -with pics

I am installing the fuel system now, and have run into a little issue. When I put the pump like I want it, the Y-block is pointing towards the side of the car with one of the fittings pointing slightly frontwards. This is an issue since the sump faces the rear of the car, I have 90* fittings on both of the outlets (-8) so they dump towards the side of the car as well. My concern is the the hose will have to make a huge loop to get to the fittings and the furthest fitting will basically have almost done a 360* before it all said and done. I am considering adding some 90* fittings to both the Y-block/filter connection (to point the Y-block towards the rear of the car, and then another 90* for the outside fitting (and possibly and additional -10 90* to get the line going the right direction to makes it's way up to the engine bay.

Here is a picture of how I have it right now:

Here is a diagram of what the setup is like:

Here is what I am proposing:

I hesitate to add all these 90*'s since I doubt it is good for flow, but not sure of any other options.

why are you doing the y block before the pump? also are you running dumps or tail pipes?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

tank has 2 -8 outlets, need 1 -10 for the inlet side. i'll be running dumps. my only concern with the mounting is if a anti-roll bar will work, but i'm confident it will fit.

Comment

i think they only reason to use both outlets is if your running double pumps, all you really need is one of those outlets, just cap the other one, well thats what i did atleast

Originally posted by DOHCTR
        You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Put the y close to the tank the go to the 10an
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I would use a 45* at the Y and avoid the other 90* if possible too.

Comment

Working...
            X